[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the best edition of World as Will available on Amazon?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: kul_NietzscheShop_831150a.jpg (112 KB, 940x658) Image search: [Google]
kul_NietzscheShop_831150a.jpg
112 KB, 940x658
What's the best edition of World as Will available on Amazon? Is it necessary to read both editions?
>>
what's wrong with the edition on zeno?
http://www.zeno.org/Philosophie/M/Schopenhauer,%20Arthur/Die%20Welt%20als%20Wille%20und%20Vorstellung
>>
>>8025731
Uh, I don't speak German.

>hur dur reading a translation hur dur
>>
bump again
>>
Okay, can someone at least answer the second question? I know plenty of you love Schoppy and I want to know if there's a point to reading the different editions or if it's mostly just the same stuff with a bit added to it.
>>
>>8025751

>er kann deutsch nicht

du wirst es nie erreichen.
>>
I read the gutenburg version which is considered plebby as fuck, but even so, I didn't find it that hard to follow Schopenhauer.

The man repeats himself about 3-4 times throughout the three books. You'll be fine going with the free version.
>>
>>8025727
You cannot go wrong with Payne's translation: http://www.amazon.com/World-Will-Representation-Vol/dp/0486217612

I'd get the second volume as well. The first volume consists of four books. The second volume consists of additions to those books. They are great. Get both.
>>
>>8027896
I second Payne. Good intro and notes are extensive and helpful. I had a copy of on the fourfold root and they didn't even translate the Greek or latin. Yeah I know pleb
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.