[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I get started with this man?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: murakami.jpg (92 KB, 1024x811) Image search: [Google]
murakami.jpg
92 KB, 1024x811
How do I get started with this man?
>>
Colorless Tsukuru Tazaki and his years of pilgrimage, easy
>>
Don't. He isn't very good
>>
>>8025642
this or norwegian wood
>>
Start by not reading him
>>
>>8025794
hhaha you said "wood"
>>
>>8025829

It is actually a very smart title, since throughout the whole book the author talks implicitely and subtly about how much he admires and envies european penises, specially those of norweigian men. He just doesn't say it like that, of course. He has to be smart in order to avoid being marginalized by society or censored by his editors, you know?
>>
>>8025738
This desu senpai
>>
>>8025595
>pleb tier

Every ass I know is reading him now. Ok, fine, I will pick up a Murakami to see what all the fuss is about.

Nothing impressive. Easy writing. Action goes very smoothly. Its very entry level.

I can't believe the idiots are saying he deserves a nobel
>>
>>8025886
>using entry level as criticism
i can't believe idiots like you post here
>>
>>8025886
>book is easy to read and not filled with obscurantist shit
>buhhh Murakami is shit!!

Like, there are criticisms you can level at Murakami (mainly every book he's written since Wind-Up Bird is muh ennui and samey), but "he's too easy for a smart guy like me!!" makes it look like your head is wedged too firmly up your own rectum desu.
>>
>>8025886
>Nothing impressive. Easy writing. Action goes very smoothly. Its very entry level.
Like any other Nobel winner ever then?
>>
>>8026379
Well, with the exception of Tolstoy, Joyce, Kafka, Borges and that polemic prize the academy gave to the heirs of Shakespeare...

Oh, wait a minute..
>>
>>8025886
>easy
>therefor not good

you're the pleb, m8.
>>
>>8025595
His first three novels are sort of a series, the third being the best. You can skip the first two, but they're pretty /comfy/
>>
is Dance Dance Dance not his best or something? this girl gave it to me to read and I really don't like it. It feels like it's supposed to be character/plot driven instead of "look how smart and tricky i am!" which is fine by me but it feels too sluggish to be good in that sense. I dont think I can finish it even though shes pretty cute
>>
>>8027277
From what I have read Dance Dance Dance is one of his worst novels. Start with Norwegian Wood or The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle.
>>
>>8025595
This man in my country, he is nothing.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.