[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Modicums of non-repetitive Activity
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
File: 1.jpg (11 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
11 KB, 300x300
Without being sarcastic, what exactly is wrong with what I posted in this archived thread:

http://archive.4plebs.org/x/thread/17680350/#17680910

Only answer sincerely. I understand I may receive no answers at all, but I would appreciate at least one.
>>
Is ANYONE reading it?
>>
Why /x/?
>>
>>8025358
Last time I posted something here I was told to put it in a critique thread, which I could not find this time, so I posted it on ecks instead. You can read it from the archive, though. Are you bothered to? Its reasonably long.

I don't know why I chose ecks. People always upload "creepypastas" so I presumed they would just mistake it for one or think that it is close enough to being one.

I think ecks reads. There are many Christians and Pagans on the board, which requires knowledge pertaining to literature.
>>
>>8025179
it's like you're feeding your rape fantasy through a bad imitation of Finnegan's Wake. would rather read Sade or Burroughs
>>
>>8025394
I have been reading the Jay lately & been watching and reading about Salo & relevant literature, which is based on the writings of Marquis de Sade, as well as Nietzsche & Pound.
>>
>>8025179
'mona' means 'cunt' in italian
>>
>>8025414
I do use the word quite often, so I suppose it fits,
although it was initially meant as an abbreviation of "Modicums of non-repetitive Activity".
>>
>>8025399
And Dante, which is relevant to
>>8025414
Perhaps I should give the language a gander at some point, unfortunately DC has been confined to English and German translations, as well as secondary literature, which poetry should not be read through.
>>
>>8025394
Also, the quote from Ovid is in PotA, not FW.
>>
So, is anyone going to provide me with a thorough piece of criticism?

I am currently writing something new and don't just want to repeat what I have always been doing.
>>
>>8025338
like with all things on /lit/, just pretend we have
>>
File: 1.jpg (7 KB, 147x217) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
7 KB, 147x217
>>8025505

Qel.

[Qeq [Kek] plus Lel [Lol]].
>>
DO ANY OF YOU HAVE ANYTHING TO SAY OR NOT?
>>
>>8025641
it sounds so awful i don't even want to look at it and I wish you were never born
>>
>>8025665
Provide me with a thorough piece of criticism or don't reply.

>>8025479
>>
>expecting anyone to read 15,000 WORDS of a tripfriend's fic

Are you seriously serious?
>>
>>8025680
Then don't fucking reply.

How do you know its 15k? Did you use word count?
>>
>>8025690
Fuck you, cunt
>>
I didn't realize Vogon literature extended to prose work.
>>
>>8025641
this is neo-/lit/ so no
>>
>>8025690
You should be thankful I'm bumping your thread to give you the attention you so desperately crave.

>15 (FIFTEEN) ,000 (THOUSAND)
>>
>>8025697
See
>>8025533

>>8025693
You came in to my thread in which I explicitly stated that one should only answer sincerely and you answered insincerely.

>>8025707
Either read it and produce a thorough piece of criticism or stop posting. That is the reason I made this thread, together with the fact that ecks gave me no results.
>>
>>8025712
when i said

>it sounds so awful i don't even want to look at it and I wish you were never born

i was utterly sincere

there's your critique you stupid waste
>>
>>8025712
Average reading speed is about 250 WPM.

15,000/250 = 60

60 minutes! Who would throw their time away like that? What kind of sick individual has so little regard for their existence? Life doesn't last forever.
>>
>>8025733
F-U-C-K-Y-O-U

>>8025744
Then don't reply.
>>
>>8025750
nobody is replying with thorough criticism because your writing fails to suggest any structure that would make it even remotely desirable to wade through your verbal jizzbox.

I skimmed some of it and I can tell you think what you've written is somehow valuable because of its extreme non-differentiation or compoundedness. you probably think that you're doing something stylistically or conceptually avant garde. and you think experimentation alone should be enough to merit attention. but it's not.

and it's not even interesting as an experiment. you have one move, applied redundantly.

"but that's the point!" -- except some forms of redundancy actually generate something interesting. this doesn't. you think it's avant garde to fragment and anatomize women's bodies into part-objects? it's not. it's trite, needlessly repellent, and boring as fuck.

like >>8025707 says, you should be thankful that you're getting any replies at all. this is the most thorough criticism you're going to get. you're not entitled to closer attention until you actually produce something worth attending to.
>>
>>8025179
>click on link
>you are now on a watchlist
>>
>>8026229
BUT MOM!
>>
>>8025672
Don't tell me what to do, faggot. It's alwful, btw.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.