[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone here ever read Gerty Stein? I'm thinking of getting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
Anyone here ever read Gerty Stein? I'm thinking of getting into her work, but I don't where to start.

I've heard her output can be divided pretty cleanly into beginning-middle-late periods, and that her difficulty increases as she became more esoteric and avant garde.
>>
I want to read to too but I can never not think of Hemingway's anecdote about her.
>>
>>8024467

her too**
>>
>>8024467
What anecdote?
>>
>>8024467

Which was?
>>
>>8024467
Wha?
>>
>>8024473
>>8024474

I can't find it right now so I can't link it. It was something about Hemingway waiting to see her at her house and he was in her waiting room and vaguely heard Gertrude in another room pleading with her dyke lover like a massive sub and he was skeezed out and left. I wish I could find it.
>>
Okay, but what about her works? Are her early stuff worth bothering with first, or should I drive into her middle, modernist period?
>>
Just shut up and grab something at random. If you dont like, grab from a different period
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.