[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there a solution to underground man syndrome or is there no
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: ebin.jpg (11 KB, 300x244) Image search: [Google]
ebin.jpg
11 KB, 300x244
Is there a solution to underground man syndrome or is there no return when you are reflexively attacking of everything and feel there is no viable path outward?
>>
just appreciate life, dude.
>>
>>8020335
isn't this just like saying 'just be happy' it's not like a switch that can be turned on and off
>>
>>8020343
dude just turn your brain off lol
>>
>>8020343
you don't need to be happy to appreciate something
>>
>>8020346
you do, appreciation is the capacity to enjoy (experience good feelings from) something more or less. if that capacity is dead within you then you can't do it
>>
>>8020352
you can derive aesthetic enjoyment while being sad, you can salute righteous moral decisions while being sad. not an argument
>>
>>8020362
some can, not everyone can, depends on depth of depression and the individual quite obviously. not an argument
>>
go somewhere pretty
>>
NEED HELP
>>
Dosto would advocate conversion. Because he was a plebeian hack.
>>
>>8020330
Well Underground Man itself is basically an essay proposed by Dostoevsky to argue against the trend of Rationalism.

The underground man forced himself and pride himself to be a rational man where most of the time life itself is irrational.

I think it's already clear that Dostoevsky wanted to not dwell into rationality too much. Everything is in moderation
>>
Just bee your'self
>>
>>8020346
He didn't say you needed to.
>>
>>8020330
Yeah theres hope but thats like trying to quit smoking. Damn near impossible when you're surrounded by other smokers.
>>
I am currently an Underground Man albeit without even a small group of friends. I am filled with bitterness and hatred and I am very sensitive and defensive but I also recognize that these things aren't helping me in life, however I have zero intentions of becoming less sensitive than I am because my sensitivity has granted me the ability to appreciate life in a way I don't feel many people I've known do. My personality consists of an accumulation of contradictions but I really do feel at ease with myself in a way I haven't since I was around thirteen, which is strange considering back then I was a popular, funny, energetic, outgoing, loud, romantically alluring guy and now I'm a reclusive, friendless, sullen, repressed, unsmiling, routine-obsessed autist but still I feel like I've rid myself of many more undesirable traits than I've gained during this process. I go between barely existing and existing only as a detached analytical observer of my own thoughts and behaviour to an obsessed, passionate, aspergic weirdo who throws himself into a world which overwhelms him from all sides.
>>
>>8021675

That is the most shit reading of Notes from Underground I've ever seen.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.