[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the name of the book from the 1950s/60s/70s about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: The deaf grapes.gif (3 MB, 550x309) Image search: [Google]
The deaf grapes.gif
3 MB, 550x309
What's the name of the book from the 1950s/60s/70s about a white man that used sophisticated makeup to "become" a black man for a few months. He works and interacts as this black man for a few months and is the victim of a lot of hate crimes and discrimination. I think it's non-fiction. I feel like the name is close to "the Man Inside me"
>>
Fuck, I found the answer pretty fast from google. The book is "Black Like Me" by John Howard Griffin, published in 1961
>>
the man with the twisted lip
>>
i dunno but there was a movie called gentlemans agreement where gregory peck, a goy, goes undercover as a jew to experience antisemitism
>>
>>8019879
I found the answer, the book I was talking about is called Black Like Me.
That sounds pretty cool, I'll probably watch that sometime, thanks anon.
>>
>>8019883
it's shit
>>
>>8019890
o
>>
>>8019875
Don't cha, Don't cha
>>
That book sounds racist because he used blackface.
>>
You might also be interested in the novel The Human Stain by Philip Roth, about a black man who passes as a Jew in order to avoid discrimination
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.