[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is it worth a read?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 4L_JyxwFGsr.jpg (36 KB, 324x499) Image search: [Google]
4L_JyxwFGsr.jpg
36 KB, 324x499
the movie did exactly what the movie was supposed to do to me but im wondering how does the book compare? is it just as depressing or do the visuals and acting enhance it?
>>
>>8018782

Selby is worth a read, in general, but I would go with The Room.
>>
>>8019633
Jesus anon, throw in a trigger warning before you bring up The Room.

God help us if there's ever a film adaptation.
>>
>>8018782
I'll be reading Last Exit to Brooklyn soon. Heard it was great.
>>
The movie is legendary for its depressing ending. However, the depressing ending is utterly contrived, and medically and legally impossible. I don't know if it is consistent with the novel, but it is absurd.

[Spoiler alert]
No doctor in the 21st century would prescribe enough diet pills to create amphetamine psychosis.
Amphetamine psychosis will not develop in someone who is sleeping regularly, i.e. who is prescribed sleeping pills like the mother in the film.
Amphetamine psychosis resolves quickly when treated.
No doctor would refuse to treat someone with an injection abscess, nor would they report the patient to the police
If a doctor did report the patient to the police, the police could not search the patients car without a warrant. That is, if they were able to find out which car belonged to the patient.

Sorry for the rant, but all the legal and medical inaccuracies in the film are a pet peeve of mine.
>>
>>8019642
there was. it was directed by tommy wiseau
>>
>>8019646
i dunno imo it's crap
if you want to read about faggots the city of night is better
>>
>>8019657

You must have always had money. You would be amazed by what doctors will give out, and what lengths they will go to for the sake of busting you.
>>
>>8019646

Don't listen to >>8019662, Last Exit is great.
>>
>>8019711
Thanks, that's reassuring.
>>
>>8019711
This
>>
>>8019723
Though it can get frustrating, clearly a book written under the influence of amps and a shit ton of booze, it can be sloppy at times
>>
>>8018782
Abso-fucking-lutely. It's a hell of a lot more disturbing than the movie.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.