[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are memes the next evolution of the English Language, like are
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
Are memes the next evolution of the English Language, like are we transferring to a substantial step like from Old to Middle English? Will people someday communicate entirely in memes and it be unintelligible to people who were not alive when the meme was created?

Imagine court cases argued in memes, for example the Scopes Monkey Trial:
>implying God exists
>*tips fedora*
>>OBJECTION! Cancer
>he's using le hat maymay as an argument *shows laughinggirls.jpg*
>>
No, language becomes more complex through history.
>>
>>8018148
How so? I'd say it changes, but not necessarily becomes more complex.
>>
>>8018148
is more abstract not more complex? Imagine if you had to explain the *tips fedora* meme to someone, those two words represent a lot of knowledge and emotions.
>>
>>8018148
it becomes less comples you fuckhead

Their
They're
There

is going to be There in the next 100 years

that's 1 of 1500 examples
>>
File: lord byron.jpg (100 KB, 800x1046) Image search: [Google]
lord byron.jpg
100 KB, 800x1046
Imagine poems written in memes

It was a kekkedy kek night
and I was like a reaction gif
when a gentleman helped a lady
walking across the street.
I just come across him
and they giggled
"here come dat boi!
o shit waddup".
Then I understood,
he was just a based fedora
rolling into the deep
of his enlightenment.
>>
there's already one produced short live-action screenplay with dialogue written entirely in Meme English:

http://www.brazzers.com/scenes/view/id/9470/meme-lover-parody/
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.