[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which books will cure me of my unremitting cynicism and impulse
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: yeh.jpg (36 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
yeh.jpg
36 KB, 1280x720
Which books will cure me of my unremitting cynicism and impulse to be as subversive and cuntish as possible?
>>
>>8017535
Going outside. I am not even joking. Normal human contact is the best cure for cynicism and edginess. Loneliness breeds contempt.
>>
>>8017535
Steppenwolf made me the non-edgy fucker I am today
>>
>>8017566
i tried that, i look at people with such hate even when trying not to that i put people and they leave or they stay out of politeness but are brought down to my level of cuntiness by process of osmosis so there is this underlying tension running through each conversation.

i.e. pointless
>>
>>8017566
Don't listen to this fag. You haven't lived until you can't even see people smile without getting angry.
>>
The Complete Manual of Suicide by Wataru Tsurumi
>>
>>8017735
fucikng epiv
>>
>>8017535
Cynicism is a normal step in de-memeing yourself. You'll grow from it and nothing's going to just snap you out of this step in development.
>>
>>8017776
what's the next step?
>>
>>8017784
I can't possibly tell you. Just keep living and reading. Don't let cynicism turn into withdrawal unless you're gonna go all the way and live in the wilderness.
>>
>>8017535
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CrOL-ydFMI
>>
>>8017798
the guy who wrote this killed himself
>>
>>8017776
I believe memes just make you more cynical. Everybody was overly optimistic and naive when rage face tier shit was popular. Now they look back at it and cringe and play it off by being ironic and mocking about everything.
>>
>>8017535
> using books as a form of medicine
I hope you're going to /mu/ to seek the musical cure. Holistic healing and all that.
>>
>>8020503
keep hoping
>>
>>8020522
/s/ for sexual healing? Am I overdoing it? Please note, I have no serious suggestions, so I've got nothing else to contribute.
>>
>>8020547
noted
>>
File: sc101-2.jpg (143 KB, 2286x2794) Image search: [Google]
sc101-2.jpg
143 KB, 2286x2794
>>
>>8017566
Not OP but seeing the memes become real just makes it worse.
>>
File: download.jpg (8 KB, 161x241) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
8 KB, 161x241
Only book that I can sincerely say changed me. You can't just read it though. You actually have to practice, but it's well worth it.
>>
>>8017806
that's what a sincere peep at life gets you familio
>>
>>8017566
This worked at first but then the cynicism and edginess boomeranged back, potent as ever
>>
>>8020642
p edgy my man
>>
>>8017798
>real freedom is sacrificing yourself to others

christcuckery 2: footnoted boogaloo
>>
Good recommendation. Read this op.

Here's an online copy, and apparently there's a sale too:
http://www.urbandharma.org/udharma4/mpe.html
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.