[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
“Women are considered deep - why? Because one can never discover
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 119
Thread images: 11
File: friedrich-nietzsche.jpg (58 KB, 750x410) Image search: [Google]
friedrich-nietzsche.jpg
58 KB, 750x410
“Women are considered deep - why? Because one can never discover any bottom to them. Women are not even shallow. ”

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>8015727
>Because one can never discover any bottom to them
He had a small benis.
>>
He was a pathetic fucking virgin neckbeard who wasn't cool enough to GET

WITh

THIS
>>
the bottom is called hypergamy, dearest freddy boy
>>
Reminder that Nietzsche routinely ate 7 pounds of fruit a day.
>>
He say northern European bitches basically bootyless
>>
File: seriousshake.gif (700 KB, 460x460) Image search: [Google]
seriousshake.gif
700 KB, 460x460
>>8015741

I see you looking hella fine I want you to come over and tell me that you want this

Oh don't be wasting my time you know I'd be your boo I'd be your missus
>>
>>8015727
>“Women are considered deep - why? Because one can never discover any bottom to them. Women are not even shallow. ”
Source? I can only find that quote in German about mysticism
>>
>>8015727
The quote strikes me as apocryphal. However my interpretation is that if you strive to confirm suspicions that are without base you will feel as if you are constantly nearing the conclusion without ever moving towards meaning. Much in the same way people find vaguely mystic nonsense as deep, searching for an aspect that isn't there, depth in women, will result in a endless search for nothing. The presupposition of existence causes the endlessness. That which isn't there can neither be found or seen missing if it is wrongly assumed into existence. However the idea that women are without depth strikes me as a childish thought and leads me to believe this doesn't originate from Nietzsche. He strikes me instead as the sort to affirm existence in either the positive or negative without resorting to fruitless, kek, seeking.
>>
>>8015764
I wish I could afford to eat 7 pounds of fruit a day or two pounds of fruit for that matter.
>>
>>8015741
Nietzsche wasn't a virgin. He had the sex, you vagina creature!
>>
>>8015973
your a dorable
>>
>>8015741
He actually got few women in his life, some chased him altough
>>
>>8015727

>women.... one can never discover any bottom to them

Sounds like ol' Freddy thought men's bottoms were more to his liking
>>
>>8015741
lmao no, he wasn't a virgin, just didn't have time for roasties.

Nietzsche said that with the sole exception of Socrates, a philosopher could not have a family, for if a philosopher has a family that he loves and that depends on him, he will lie his ass off at the end of the day to preserve their honor and provide for them. It only worked for Socrates because his wife was a bitch and his kids were stupid.

Anyways, when you see these OMG MYSOGGYKNEES aphorisms from Nietzsche, know that he wasn't a misogynist and that no one who actually knew him ever made any claim that he was hateful towards women. Nietzsche does not hate the female creature, he DOES dislike the socially constructed role that women play in society. That is where his attacks are aimed.

Woman as a subservient class rubs him wrong because all of the pleasures are denied to these woman-slaves except one: Religion. Therefore the Christian priest has a natural constituency even among the aristocracy, since the woman can only find enjoyment through him.

He also had an interesting take on marriage. He recommended that men in their twenties should have a wife in their thirties or forties, who has already had children and is his moral superior. This wife would be a bridge between the mother and the maiden, she would help educate the young man in the ways of love and life in ways that his mother could not.

As the man entered his thirties, this marriage would become more of an emotional relationship and his first wife becomes like a second mother. She would be happy to see her former lover take a younger girl into his tutelage, he would help to educate her and have children with her. Then as he grew into old age he would leave her and become single again, and she would find a young man of her own to cultivate. In old age nobody ought to be married because it results in codependency and stagnation.
>>
>>8015727
his dick is so short he couldn't reach the bottom.
>>
>>8015741
yet people will still talk about him in 200 years, what about you?
>>
>>8016832
being talked about doesn't quantify the happiness of a person, which is everything to a person. This nazi fucker is a celebrity shit, but his life is miserable, and he felt all that to be bone. Mr superman can't even feed himself let alone save himself from his pathetic loudmouth-ism. Whatever people talk about, whatever they say about him, they can't save his ass, or give him a pussy as a last favor. If you choose to listen to and talk about this kind of being rather than doing real learning, I pity you. Also I pity all those who claim to be intellectual, to be reader, but only digging their limb dicks in philosophy and entertaining stories (so called "novels") made up by obsoleted motherfuckers.
>>
>>8016865
>happiness is the most important thing in life
I want women off this board NOW
>>
>>8015764
Will To Power, ingredients:
Potassium.
>>
>>8015727
Maybe because they have a wide range of emotions, or that they're being on a level with errs.
>>
>>8016865
Gtfo faggot!
>>
>>8016874
immature asshole.
>>
>>8016927
another immature dick sucker. Get back to eating your daddy's dick, you little shit.
>>
>>8015727
He is subtly dissing white pancake ass.
>>
>>8015727
See, shallow means something which has low depth. Depth means a third dimension. To say that something is shallow implies that it has low depth. Women aren't even shallow, they don't even have that third dimension- they are exactly as they appear on the surface. The surface is all there is and no depth so people can't find their depth and they mistake it for their being very deep. They aren't even shallow, the surface is all there is.
>>
>>8017176

This
>>
>>8017176
>"what did he mean by this" poster btfo

can't impeach the nietzsch
>>
>>8016678
What nonsense
>>
>>8017176
Correct answer
>>
>>8015973
You are right but you expressed your opinion poorly.

See
>>8017176
>>
>>8016865
>goes into an autistic rage whenever Nietzsche is mentioned
>is dragged down by pity
Kek
>>
>>8017015
>Oh em gee! You are so immature!
Typical woman
>>
File: thumbs down.jpg (91 KB, 548x365) Image search: [Google]
thumbs down.jpg
91 KB, 548x365
>>8015727
He was probably ugly and had a small penis too. I would not let him use my holes and neither should any of you other ladies.
>>
>>8017695
Keked
>>
>>8017695
>tfw one of my exes said pretty much this about Nietzsche

She literally said: "I bet he a had a small penis." What a dirty wench she was.
>>
>>8017737
>heh he's not a shining image of masculine power, what a LOSER lmao let's disregard all of his philosophy hehehe!
>OMG FUCKING TOXIC MASCULINITY IS DESTROYING OUR CIVILIZATION END RAPE CULTURE!!!
>>
Been re-reading Genealogy of Morality, and I was hoping to clarify something:

Did the Jews become vindictive in consequence of worshiping an impotent God, or did their innate impotence lead them to create a vindictive God in their own image?
>>
>>8018425
The first one. That God has been letting bad shit happen to them for a pretty long time.
>>
>>8015973
"You are going to see a woman? Do not forget your whip" - Nietzsche
>>
>>8018382
wow you are one angry fucking boy
>>
>>8018618
not really
>>
>>8018592
imagine you would have been born as a girl in his time and palce and so you and nietzsche would have fallen in love together, married, had children and lived happily :^)
>>
File: 1432629349133.png (257 KB, 1700x1273) Image search: [Google]
1432629349133.png
257 KB, 1700x1273
>>
women are enlightened beings that transcend all mortal understanding.
>>
>>8016678
If that is true, then I think I would disagree with Nietzsche. I've gone to many churches, and found few people interested in religion. Most seem to be interested in the social aspect of it, and not learning from it.
>>
>>8015727
not even an SJW but this unchecked woman hating is beyond toxic. yeah women have their negative traits just like men. maybe they're even a little worse than men. but what does irrationally hating them accomplish. it just makes you look bitter (because you are.) ah, this will just sound like SJW gobbledygook to you fuck it
>>
>>8019270

goat pasta is goat

>"How does one redeem a woman? One makes a child for her."
>>
>>8019337
Is it hating a dog to give it food, pats on the head and things to fetch if that's what makes the dog happy?
>>
>>8019337
I think you're confusing the belief that men and women are different and have different strengths and weaknesses with hatred
>>
I AM NOT DEFINED BY MY GENDER ROLE AS A SEXUAL SELECTOR

VIRGIN! EVERYONE IS A VIRGIN! DISAGREE WITH ME AND IT MEANS YOU'RE A VIRGIN AND I WOULDN'T FUCK YOU AND THAT'S IMPORTANT AND YOU SHOULD CARE BECAUSE THAT'S HOW MEN GET THEIR WORTH, FROM PUSSY

PUSSAYYYYY *SPREADS LABIA* WOOOOOOOO WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DON'T ESSENTIALIZE ME BTW
>>
>>8019395

ironic shitposting is still shitposting m8
>>
>>8019401
>ironic
Pretty sure that's just another woman replying to a gender thread. Same arguments and everything.
>>
Women (old hags) have a flat ass whereas young girls have booty (and shallow vag).
>>
DUDE

WOMEN

LMAO
>>
>>8015727
I'm still asked this in a different way by spergs everyday. "Why are women so complicated and impossible to understand?"
>>
>>8016678
that's a lot of fucking work, pun intended
>>
>>8016874
happiness IS the most important thing in life. if you truly want a legacy then achieving it while you are alive will make you happy. i don't mean to reduce happiness to wish-fulfillment, but fulfillment is a large part of being happy. there's no such thing as achievement that doesn't gratify. if it doesn't gratify then it's not an achievement, just an event.

also pls stop memeing about women you're just hurting yourself
>>
>>8017176
>>8017201
>>8017251
>>8017414
>le women have no souls meme
>le women are only what i think of their appearance meme
>le bitter virgin meme
I can't tell what's worse, the possibility that you baited legions of virgin admirers or the possibility that you samefagged yourself 4 times.

either way it's quite clear that your only interactions with women have been either unrequited oneitis or bottom-barrel ex-gfs
>>
>>8019659
>either way it's quite clear that your only interactions with women have been either unrequited oneitis or bottom-barrel ex-gfs
I've dated Ivy League medical students and a Julliard-educated professional dancer and I'm still sexist as hell. Now what?
>>
>>8019659
>le bitter virgin meme

protip: the biggest pussy slayers know women are shit. white knight betas like yourself pedestalize them. women can smell this a mile away, which is why you're not attractive to them. men who are successful with women see them for what they are
>>
>>8015727
He couldn't find the nether orifices of women and had to rub his penis between their thighs.
>>
>>8016678
>Anyways, when you see these OMG MYSOGGYKNEES aphorisms from Nietzsche, know that he wasn't a misogynist and that no one who actually knew him ever made any claim that he was hateful towards women. Nietzsche does not hate the female creature, he DOES dislike the socially constructed role that women play in society.

that's how you take nietzsche and make him a social justice warrior and feminist...
>>
>>8019659
the thread was asking what Nietzsche meant and the first poster you quoted explained that
don't know how you can get angry at a definition
>>
>>8019659

I just explained what he meant. Do you think making fun of my sexual prowess will prove my explanation wrong? Take this white knight faggotry back to redddit . Your own expectations are leading yourself to being a white knight. Anyway advice for you- you can get happiness by having a pet dog but you don't expect the dog to play chess with you, similarly don't expect women to be what they're not and just enjoy them for what they are. Your own unrealistic expectations of them are what are leasing you to be a white knight.
Also after I realized the shallow quote, women as a whole made so much more sense.
>>
File: 1446674914166.jpg (56 KB, 682x1024) Image search: [Google]
1446674914166.jpg
56 KB, 682x1024
>>8019647
>if you truly want a legacy then achieving it while you are alive will make you happy.
this is what men believe

hahahahahhahahaha

delayed hedonism is failed hedonism thought as good, because men cannot be as good hedonist as women are (thanks to men who are always ready to serve them)
>>
That women are a gateway drug to art. #shortaswomanstale
>>
He's comparing woman to the abyss --men think women have deep and incomprehensible when they're just void and men make of them what they will. The vagina has no meaning until a man forces his dick into it and creates meaning.

It's like life, I guess.
>>
>>8015938
Twilight of the Idols, I think, in the beginning
>>
File: nietzsche_03.jpg (31 KB, 377x495) Image search: [Google]
nietzsche_03.jpg
31 KB, 377x495
>>8018592
"You are going to a woman? Do not forget the whip!"
Meaning it's HER whip
10/10 bait, made me reply.
>>
>>8019405
Ironic stupid posting is still stupid posting
>>
>>8021998
WE
WANT

THE WHIP
>>
>>8016678
>He also had an interesting take on marriage. He recommended that men in their twenties should have a wife in their thirties or forties, who has already had children and is his moral superior. This wife would be a bridge between the mother and the maiden, she would help educate the young man in the ways of love and life in ways that his mother could not.

Interestingly, that sounds sort of like what happened with Shakespeare.
>>
Being nice to women is important.
>>
>>8017176
this is what he meant, and while I don't agree with it, I think that there's a lot more there on the surface with women than with men. Like each one is the other turned inside out somehow
>>
>>8023298
you are not mean to animals either, i hope
>>
File: 1459052296827.jpg (637 KB, 3500x2332) Image search: [Google]
1459052296827.jpg
637 KB, 3500x2332
>>
>>8017176
>See, shallow means something which has low depth. Depth means a third dimension. To say that something is shallow implies that it has low depth. Women aren't even shallow, they don't even have that third dimension- they are exactly as they appear on the surface. The surface is all there is and no depth so people can't find their depth and they mistake it for their being very deep. They aren't even shallow, the surface is all there is.
which makes women far less nihilistic than men
>>
>>8023298
I agree
>>
>>8023307
ok, ok, being nice to everything alive is important
>>
File: image.jpg (49 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49 KB, 300x300
>>8023312
>you will never be hung like Jon Hamm and have an orgy with the women of Mad Men
Life is suffering.
>>
>>8023307
Wow that's incredibly sexist. You probably have a small penis.
>>
>>8019395
I keked
>>
>>8023327
yeah but his hardly grows

captcha: lincoln topaz
>>
>>8016678
I want a mommy gf
>>
>>8023343
Women find large flaccid size more aesthetically pleasing than growers. Dudes with big dicks would be well advised to go commando, because girls do look.
>>
>>8023330

now, that's you are being sexist here using penis jokes and also you are trying to insult me while my remark is just an innocent remark without any direct offence. do you really think we should be mean to animals? so you are bullying the innocent me with sexist and insulting remarks

ps.. why do you assume im male?
>>
>>8023354
ugh, just go away creep.

>>8023349
This, little dick virgins should just kill themselves IMO just my opinion
>>
>>8023312
>Christina Hendricks will never be impregnated
>you will never forcibly impregnate her and hear while in prison that she and her husband have decided to keep the child
>>
>>8015727
I love whoever is posting these anti-roastie posts and threads in /lit/.
Great to see roastie pseudos screech in rage
>>
>>8023359
rood
>>
File: Nietzsche-21.jpg (17 KB, 220x294) Image search: [Google]
Nietzsche-21.jpg
17 KB, 220x294
"The Overman spends his time online complaining about women" - Nietzsche
>>
Whats interesting about the sentence has firstly to do with its semantics and lastly to do with it subject. How many things can you say fit this ticket:

People consider that X belongs to Y via predication because X displays signs of characteristic A thought to belong to Y, however upon inspection one can behold that characteristic B does not belong to Y while it yet seems crucial to the concept of X.

*It seems to beg the question what X has to do with Y at all in the first place.*

**it prompts this intuition**

The semantics of the sentence ask you to, "think of anything and imagine that you have taken it for granted"

You can apply this sentential logic wherever you like.

""People consider that dogs make good pets because they behave in a friendly fashion however you cannot consider them really to have volitional compassion at all""
etc. etc.

Now, once you've picked up on the suggestion that Nietzsche has laid out that people take their opinion of women for granted you have actually found the central contention, but realize this arises from understanding the form of the sentence and not really the subsequent content. That people consider women deep simply exists as one endemic example of what Nietzsche wants to shed light on.
>>
>>8023289
Women in their 30s and 40s are disgusting, immoral old hags.
>>8023312
Worthless old hags.
>>
>>8023312
I would eat Elisabeth Moss' pussy and swallow her vaginal discharges after I make her cum in my mouth.
What do you think?
>>
>>8023359
yeah let's give any male baby that is born a gun to kill themselves
>>
>>8023473
And this is how the Ad Hominem fallacy works.
>>
>>8023359
Are you a trap? :·3
>>
>>8024415
No. No it isn't.
This anon was using irony to point out that Nietzsche's views on women are not central to his philosophy and that everyone bitching in this thread is extremely shallow. The irony must have gone over your ass burgers.
>>
>>8024936
Both are valid answers.
>>
>>8016678
> Nietzsche does not hate the female creature, he DOES dislike the socially constructed role that women play in society. That is where his attacks are aimed

Here are a few excerpts from BG&E

Aphorism 238
"To be mistaken in the fundamental problem of "man and woman," to deny here the profoundest tension, to dream here perhaps of equal rights, equal training, equal claims and obligations: that is a typical sign of shallow mindedness."

Aphorism 239
"When [woman] thus appropriate new rights, aspires to be "master," and inscribes "progress" of women on her flags and banners, the very opposite realizes itself with terrible obviousness: woman retrogrades."

Nietzsche didn't hate women, and neither do most of us. We just believe that they aren't capable of being men
>>
>>8016865
>All great intellectuals for thousands of years thought that women were not made for serious discourse
>But they were just misognyists, our era is special, egalitarianism ftw.

I don't think it works that way
>>
File: 1443514172902.jpg (38 KB, 680x510) Image search: [Google]
1443514172902.jpg
38 KB, 680x510
>>8015734
nope
>>
>>8016678
That's mental, desu. Too complicated.
>>
>>8025525
What
Real?
>>
>>8025015
nietzsche had a part where he explicitly said that he thought women were capable of being educated into being men in all senses except the sexual(but that in the centuries of interim they'd clutter up all the institutions with dumb shit, kind of what is happening now)
>>
>>8027968
then he was literally wrong
>>
>>8015727
It's his way of making it obvious to the reader that he acknowledges his influences, in this case Schopenhauer.
>>
>>8027968
Which book and passage did Nietzsche say that? I ask because
A) I don't really believe you
B) If he did say that I'd like the context so I could decide whether he was wrong or you can't read.
>>
>>8029701
Human, all too Human. This is where many of his observations on gender are made.

>>8028066
An aphorism I just read in the wanderer and his shadow had Nietzsche explicitly contradicting Schopenhauer's analysis of women and pregnancy and accusing him of reading too much in to what he sees by associating the 'motherly glow' with the will to life.
>>
>>8025525
Who /nietzschebuild/ here?
>>
>>8015727
They both have no depth and infinite depth altogether.

Nietzsche thought many, if not all forms of "higher" art were pretentious bullshit, and he thought of the Greeks as being profound out of shallowness, that in their superficiality they found a greater meaning to life.

Nietzsche is insulting women if you think being a "deep person" is important, and is insulting men if you think "deepness" matters. So he's actually mocking 2deep bullshit with this passage.
>>
>>8029754
>and is insulting men if you think "deepness" matters.

I should proofread. 'if you think "deepness" is bullshit.'
>>
>>8025015
Except he explicitly says otherwise in HATH, women are indeed capable of being masculinized just as men are capable of being emasculated. He did not want women to become men and he did not want men to become women. He merely wanted a revaluation of all values which included examining the status and nature of womanhood and manhood as they stood. He was opposed to a system in which women and men were equal, but he was also opposed to one being considered strictly superior to another as Christianity lays out.

He also considers all of the feminist movements of his day basically Christian derivatives, the entire chain of liberalism/democracy>socialism>anarchism is just rooted in Christianity. Funnily enough it's similar to Plato's causal chain that led him to reject democracy, except Plato's ends in tyranny rather than anarchy (of course, increasingly anarchic conditions were what inspired support for tyranny).

>>8025525
BIG NEET COCK
TINY REE PEEPEE
>>
>>8027838
yup, it's real
>>
>>8015938
I think it's in Gaya Scienzia
>>
>>8029786
>He was opposed to a system in which women and men were equal, but he was also opposed to one being considered strictly superior to another as Christianity lays out.

Let's take this thought to its logical conclusion. What would it mean for neither gender to be "superior" to the other? What does Nietzsche mean by "superior"?
>>
>>8015938
As the other anon said, it's in the Gay Science

>>8030120
Nietzsche more thinks the qualities of men and women are categorically distinct things, so trying to compare them is just stupid.

He thinks the reason people say women are oppressed is because people adopt value structures that say, what men are doing is what's good, therefore everyone should do that.

Nietzsche's view is that, no, what we're doing with our lives is shitty, men aren't doing anything that great and so making women like men is just a big fucking mistake. He sees it all as just trivial bullshit.
>>
>>8019647
>if you truly want a legacy then achieving it while you are alive will make you happy.
lel
Thread replies: 119
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.