[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /lit/, I hope you can help me. I'm looking for novels
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: yume2kki.png (27 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
yume2kki.png
27 KB, 640x480
Hey /lit/, I hope you can help me.

I'm looking for novels that can best be described as "horror drama", where there is more emphasis on the drama part.
I'm a fan of the Silent Hill games, not because of the horror aspects but much more because of the characters backgrounds, dealing with loss of a loved one, depression, all that kind of stuff. Basically the characters have to fight their demons who have come to life. I hope you understand what I'm trying to explain.

Any recomendations?

From Wikipedia: "Horror drama – A film that focuses on imperiled characters dealing with realistic emotional struggles, often involving dysfunctional family relations, in a horror setting. The film's horror elements often serve as a backdrop to an unraveling dramatic plot."
>>
Bump for interest.
>>
People who play video games are too stupid to understand good books. So my advice would be to just keep playing your vidya.
>>
>>8014563
The Road its not exactly horror, but maybe you can like
>>
I mean, Kafka? Metamorphosis and The Judgement kind of typify a person's anxiety manifested in the world around them. It's not as blatant as "fighting their demons," but it's maybe the closest equivalent to the abstracted personal horror of Silent Hill that I can think of.
>>
>>8015643

It's time for you to finally commit suicide
>>
>>8015698
I've seen the film, and that was quite enjoyable. But apocalypse setting wasn't exactly what I was looking for in the OP.

>>8015752
Do you know of something more recent than Kafka? I know I sound like a pleb, but what I'm looking for should preferably play in 80s-today, so I can relate to everything better.

>>8015643
You're right, I usually don't read, except for non-fiction stuff. That said, I think Silent Hill is some of the most intelligent series in video games, but that's off topic.
>>
Read Henry James's ghost stories. They're old, so don't expect anything as grotesque as Silent Hill, but they're spooky enough and perfect when it comes to characters and their psychology.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.