[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>mfw I identify better and have more sense of community with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: 1415562517224.jpg (33 KB, 320x480) Image search: [Google]
1415562517224.jpg
33 KB, 320x480
>mfw I identify better and have more sense of community with my characters than my classmates or roommates

The more I try to revert the situation the worst it gets.
>>
are you writing real people? or just how you wish people would be?
>>
>>8014286
This. You shouldn't identify with more than one or two of your characters because then the story is just populated with you and your ideal people as opposed to real people.
>>
>>8014317

I have a huge problem understanding this. I can't say why like A but not B, for example I can't explain why my last house was much better than my actual house. Same applies for characters, they aren't better looking or more interesting but for some reason I just like them.

Did any of you tried to see patterns in your own taste? It's so difficult, no matter how many variables I try to analyze they always conflicting.
>>
>>8014357
Is it possible that you really just aren't very well connected with some real people in your surroundings? I mean, what's so hard to grasp about that?

>I don't have too much of a sense of community with my classmates or roommates

you've literally spelled it out yourself
>>
>>8014487

So WTF is happening here? We (not only roommates but classmates and even uni as a whole) don't have a sense of community even though we share some common goals, are all at same age and come from the same economical class. Does college in USA is any better or everyone is just sharing the same spaces but never connecting?

>inb4 wait a bit more, do things together
It's our 4th year and we do things together 15+ hours a day.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.