[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the most depressing and/or disturbing novel you've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: silhouette_micropenis.jpg (125 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
silhouette_micropenis.jpg
125 KB, 2000x1000
What's the most depressing and/or disturbing novel you've ever read?
>>
M Y D I A R Y T B H
>>
Anna Karenina probably.

Just the realization that life is really that shitty. Even Levin and Kitty who are the "Happy" couple, are not passionately in love. They just don't hate each other and are content enough not to always bicker and argue.
>>
the castle

it's just too much
>>
>>8014748
How? It's funny as shit.
>>
Hunger - Knut Hamsun
>>
>>8014764
'The longer and more carefully we look at a funny story, the sadder it becomes'. - Gogol
>>
Rabbit Run really depressed me.
>>
File: 1447189476325.jpg (31 KB, 275x253) Image search: [Google]
1447189476325.jpg
31 KB, 275x253
>>8014805
'The longer and more carefully we look at a tragic story, the funnier it becomes'. –Me
>>
>>8014830
I like this
>>
the road, 1984, slaughterhouse 5, hithchikers guide to the galaxy, dune
>>
The Vorrh, by Brian Catling.

Not depressing, but certainly disturbing. I suggest you read it.
>>
Johnny Got His Gun, by Dalton Trumbo
>>
>>8013888
Under The Volcano for me, after reading it the whole woving transform the way I meddle sentimentally with literature.
>>
File: Myshkin.jpg (23 KB, 463x525) Image search: [Google]
Myshkin.jpg
23 KB, 463x525
The Idiot
>>
Most disturbing was definitely Geek Love. It has no other worthwhile qualities, but it made me nauseous.
>>
>>8015062
What do you mean by this?
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.