[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /lit/ first time poster here. Recently my girlfriend and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 3
File: xthe.jpg (12 KB, 288x288) Image search: [Google]
xthe.jpg
12 KB, 288x288
Hey /lit/ first time poster here. Recently my girlfriend and I got into a fight when I mentioned that feminism was stupid and she went crazy and threatened to tell my parents that I was hitting her after it got pretty heated. After a couple days I settled down and understood that I probably don't know that much about feminism and I promised that I would do some research on the issue.

I had a look at the book catalog but there wasn't anything there so I need some books to read, thanks.
>>
>>8012544
>expecting us to believe you have a gf
>>
>>8012544
personally i would break up with a person who blackmailed me over a feminism dispute
>>
>threatened to tell my parents that I was hitting her

This is all you need to know about feminism. Tell your girlfriend to shove it.
>>
Most women are utterly vapid and petty. It has always been the women who swallow untruths the easiest.
>>
>>8012561

It wasn't that bad, it sounds bad but it wasn't. I'm sure some of feminism has good ideas right? I'm not really internet savvy but I hear a lot about of it on the online news outlets.
>>
>>8012563

How many do you know in real life? Don't answer it online because it will be a lie. Accept that you know nothing about women except from what you've seen from other posters and on screens.

Fool.
>>
>>8012570
if you know one woman you know them all
>>
Gerda Lerner - Creation of Patriarchy
Sarah Gwenyth Ross - The Birth of Feminism
Shulamith Firestone - The Dialectic of Sex The Case for Feminist Revolution

And finally, just observe women's rights in third world countries as well as implicit attitudes in daily social interaction between the sexes. Example: Gavin McInnes.
>>
>>8012570
>things I don't like are necessarily the result of ignorance
>don't dispute this
kys
>>
>>8012570
Jesus, the hostility. I just wanted a woman hate thread like on r9k and pol. If I were sincere about wanting to learn about feminism I wouldn't have added the story in the beginning. Just accept it for what it is.
>>
>>8012597
>>8012592

OH fuck off you sexless sexist pricks. Girls never showed you that much attention huh?
>>
Honestly, the sexism that is exhibited on this board is disgusting. So much projecting.
>>
>>8012597
>>8012592
Anon wasnt talking to any of you, anon was talking to the person that literally said women are just vapid and petulant.
>>
>>8012633
you said sexism
this imaginary spectre i made in my brain after years of browsing /pol/ and /int/ says that word too
!!! you should be killed !!!
>>
>>8012597
>I just wanted a woman hate thread

there's a quran thread
you could have tried there
>>
>talking with my mom and dad
>jokingly say that I'll find a better wife than he who won't nag
>she says it won't happen because all women are the same
Based mom
>>
>>8012634
And honestly it just shows you have no respect for women when you disregard a nasty comment when someone reacts angrily to it just because it makes you feel attacked. Stop trivializing issues in order to make yourself feel better when others are experiencing prejudice that you have little idea of.
>>
>>8012633
Honestly this board isn't half bad compared to the shit you see on most sites. The Milo and Paul Joseph Watson fanboys are spewing their shit everywhere.
>>
>>8012597
Hating women is really dumb, it's like hating niggers or dogs.
>>
>>8012676
PJW is such an asinine pillock I dont even understand how someone can watch him and think the things he says make sense.
>>
Leave her. Anyway you're trolling.
>>
>>8012544
this is bait
>>
>>8012687

The only one that got it.
>>
>>8012687

He literally just admitted >>8012597 as such. So congratulations for figuring it out
>>
>>8012583
>All swans are white
>>
>>8012678
Most people accused of hating women either have good reason to hate women based on personal experience or they just don't believe things that aren't true about human sexual dimorphism. So yeah pretty much.
>>
>>8012716
there are black swans in australia

i take it you imply that australian women are different
>>
File: 1458429623681.jpg (55 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
1458429623681.jpg
55 KB, 600x800
>>
>>8012716
The color of a swan doesn't change how it behaves or thinks.

I'm sure you can find a black swan or paint a white one blue, but a swan is still a swan no matter how you dress it up.
>>
you gotta keep the pimp hand strong, anon. the next time she mutters anything that isn't sheer ecstasy at the sight of you, give her a wallop
>>
how do I stop being sexist lads?
>>
>>8012739
you begin your transition :^)
>>
>>8012739
Grow up or become friends with a woman who you don't want to fuck.
>>
>>8012766
What's the point of being "friends" with her then?
>>
>>8012766
>just waste loads of time you'll never get back on someone who doesn't understand loyalty or give you anything in return
Great advice
>>
>>8012766
>become friends with a woman who you don't want to fuck.
why?
>>
>>8012771
You won't know until you try it, my man.

Ignoring the fact that this is b8, the perspective a woman can offer is p valuable. Many of my female friends have been more adventurous than my male friends.

The only unfortunate thing is when you cock block yourself because people assume a sexual/romantic relationship.
>>
>>8012791
Oh so you're a fag?

makes sense I guess
>>
>>8012544
Blatant troll, but /lit/ still replied. We really are the dumbest board desu.
>>
>>8012781

Someone drank the ressentiment9k cool aid.

It's Mother's day today. Is your mother a vapid, shallow, disloyal whore?
>>
>>8012544
I'll be cliché and say 1984
>>
>>8012854
kys
>>
Beat your girlfriend
>>
File: 2453451345.jpg (93 KB, 1100x828) Image search: [Google]
2453451345.jpg
93 KB, 1100x828
>debating a female seriously

Such a sad thing to see. Ever since about the time of the French Revolution, men have been losing some important collective knowledge. I'm guessing you have a pretty passive father, and no real great male role models/mentors in your life. So I'll do my best to help you out.

When it comes to dealing with women, a man of sense only trifles with them, plays with them, humors and flatters them, as he does with a sprightly forward child. But he neither consults them about, nor trusts them with serious matters; though he often makes them believe that he does both; which is the thing in the world that they are proud of -- for they love to be dabbling in business (which by the way they always spoil); and being justly distrustful that men in general look upon them in a trifling light, they almost adore that man who talks more seriously to them, and who seems to consult and trust them; I say, who seems; for weak men really do, but wise ones only seem to do it.
>>
>>8012905
lord chesterfield, letters to his son :^)
>>
>Nobody's discussing her use of blackmail.

OP, if you never hit her and she threatened to tell your parents that you did, end that relationship. She's fired a warning shot that lets you know exactly what she's like.
>>
>>8012913
this

it's not a thing to forgive
>>
I stopped talking to girls years ago
>>
>>8012848
most women aren't my mum
>>
>>8012848
Mine is
>>
>>8012544
> threatened to tell my parents that I was hitting her

Fucking leave her now, anon, seriously. People like this are dreadfully unstable, manipulative and controlling and if you're not out of the relationship while you can still leave, things are going to be much more punishing for you in the future if she flips her shit over a simple disagreement like not being a feminist.
>>
>>8012945
this, but then i started talking to one this year.
>>
>>8012727
>A black person robbed me so I'm allowed to hate all black people!

No.
>>
>>8012564
Next step: Rape accusing.
related:
https://youtu.be/mneZL4xBR2c

friendly reminder that women in america should not have additional rights such as "blame=automatically guilty"
all feminists in western society must stop being those obnoxious whores that they are. ect ect
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.