[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How can I, with my crushingly high IQ, and as someone who has
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: 1462706614249.png (193 KB, 500x676) Image search: [Google]
1462706614249.png
193 KB, 500x676
How can I, with my crushingly high IQ, and as someone who has fully grasped the implications of the Munchhausen trilemma and has therefore gained the super power / disability of being able to break down everything in to the sum of its spooks, possibly care about working hard or being motivated with regard to anything at all?
>>
>>8012461
Protip: you can't.
>>
>>8012461
>Munchhausen trilemma
I stumbled onto that realization when I was a kid, didn't even have a name for it.

I think you're over-estimating yourself OP.
>>
>>8012461
How about you use your high IQ to figure out what the consequences not doing anything will have for your life?
>>
You can't be that smart if you can't figure it out yourself.
>>
>>8012476

I agree, even the typical man on the street knows it. But if you don't give it a name then these pretentious canon boot lickers won't take anything seriously because they can't be seen to be jacking off over a dead person because they're all pseudo intellectuals.
>>
>>8012461
I never understood this. I have never seen or experienced a situation in which someone who felt they needed to tell people that they are intelligent, was actually considered intelligent after doing so.

If you're standing in a bar and someone comes up to you and says "you don't know me, but i'm a great guy", what is your first response. Are you telling me that you're gonna believe that he's a great guy from that point on, because he said so?
>>
people who brag about being "smart" while having no evidence are like a guy telling you he can bench 500 pounds but he doesn't work out...how can someone claim to be smart if they haven't done a phd or started up a machine learning startup or something? "yo everybody look at me i'm strong as fuck, but i just don't feel like lifting anything besides this 2 liter bottle of mountain dew" yeah cool we're all impressed
>>
>>8012461

Interesting take on the smart-but-lazy-so-no-achievement-ever meme.

I recommend heroin or pharmaceutical opioids.
>>
>>8012461
2/10 for effort

Can't believe people are actually biting your shit tbhfam
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.