[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
rate my backlog, /lit/.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
File: ayy.png (1 MB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
ayy.png
1 MB, 960x720
rate my backlog, /lit/.
>>
stunted worldview/10
>>
>>8011944
Arthur C. Clarke - Rendevouz With Rama,
Aldous Huxley - Brave New World,
Phillip K. Dick - The Man In The High Castle,
Phillip K. Dick - Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?,
William Gibson - Neuromancer,
Dalton Trumbo - Johnny Got His Gun,
Neal Stephenson - Snow Crash,
Robert A. Heinlein - The Moon Is a Harsh Mistress

>>8011946
what
>>
>>8011944
2/10, wouldn't cum in
>>
>>8011944
It's genrific.
>>
>>8011944
I just finished Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? last night, it was pretty good and you should be able to finish it fairly quickly.
>>
>>8011944
bump
>>
>>8011944
I'm biased because I read literally all of these by my senior year of high school, but if you want me to rate it, it's fine.
You, on the other hand, are the kind of person who posts a picture of their books and asks for appraisal or validation or _____ on an Indian basket-weaving website. However ironically the gesture was done, it's still a bit cringe-worthy.

tl;dr They're all worth the read. Have your own convictions. Just get to it.
>>
>>8011944
What's that PKDbook in the middle? The flash is covering up the title. I've read Do Androids Dream.. and Snow Crash. I can tell you right now that Snow Crash doesn't deserve the title cyberpunk and you can tell Stephenson just wrote the book to sell one... Do Androids Dream of.. is highly overrated cause of the Bladerunner movie. It starts off slow but picks up once he starts the bounty hunting. I have Neuromancer in my backlog as well anon but I haven't started it yet.
>>
File: books.jpg (144 KB, 600x858) Image search: [Google]
books.jpg
144 KB, 600x858
>>8011944
Nice. Hey guys, I just made this chart of /lit/ approved books. Pls. r8.
>>
>>8012612
Do have too much time?
>>
>>8012612
>harry potter
>all this YA in general
2/10 you tried
>>
>>8012612
6/10 for effort desu

So few people put any actual thought or work into the art of shitposting that people like u r rare lollll
>>
>>8011944
no philosophical direction/10
>>
>>8012612
>game of thrones
Stopped reading right there
>>
File: 1443671642126.jpg (20 KB, 344x259) Image search: [Google]
1443671642126.jpg
20 KB, 344x259
copied from my color-coded spreadsheet. I'm only about 5% done with all these

http://pastebin.com/g5r7JdDm
>>
>>8011944
>johnny got his gun
probably the best one in the lot. BNW and DADOES would be the next two.
>>
scifi/10 nice loot senpai
>>
>>8011944
which one of these books should I read first?
>>
How the fuck have people not read Brave New World before they were 18? This board is embarrassing.
>>
>>8013890
why do you say this?
>>
I can see why it's your backlog.
>>
>>8013809

Not OP, but I've read them all.

Read Snow Crash first
Then Rendezvous with Rama for a change of pace
Then Neuromancer
Then Brave New World
Then Do Androids Dream
>>
>>8011944
add VALIS to that
>>
>>8015473
what
>>
>>8015793
It's another PKD book
>>
>>8015473
>>8015793
>>8016901
read ubik before valis. valis contains many themes that occur throughout his entire body of work and is also slightly autobiographical.
>>
>>8011944
Rama>Brave New World.
Read Rama in less than a week and loved it. Been pushing off finishing Brave new world for almost 2 years now.
>>
>>8011944
>no DFW
>no Pynchon
>no Joyce
Wow, what a pleb.
>>
Have you read ubik? If not and you didn't uy it u r a pleb
>>
Ok so I'll read Androids then Rama then Brave New World and then go from there?
>>
>>8012612
heyy i know that this is bait but earthsea, hobbit and lotr are actually good, just saying
>>
>>8018433
>valis contains many themes that occur throughout his entire body of work
As does Ubik

>>8011944
Brave New World a shit, really disappointed me
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.