[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The only good parts of this book are the descriptions of hell
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: im gay.jpg (69 KB, 500x497) Image search: [Google]
im gay.jpg
69 KB, 500x497
The only good parts of this book are the descriptions of hell
>>
>>8011386
one could say the same about Portrait of an Artist.
>>
>>8011386
I might have taken you seriously if you had have said 'Satan's speeches' instead of 'the descriptions of hell.'
>>
Are we seriously supposed to be rooting for God, cuz he's really boring compared to Satan who's a cool guy imo
>>
>>8011403
Well yeah his speeches too I guess. Maybe its just my inner teenage edgy-ness but all of the parts describing god and his son jerking eachother off seemed very uninteresting to me like it was just christian propaganda, sort of like the Virgil jerking off Augustus in the Aenied
>>
>>8011386
The description of chaos is pretty good too.

The part where Adam sees into the future is pretty cool too and if you have an annotated version Eve has some interesting stuff to say.
>>
I only enjoyed the parts with Satan, and the fight of his army and army of angels
The other parts almost always bored me to death, but I don't know why, I'm not a fedoralord or anything
>>
None of it. Nothing more than Christfag propaganda, it'd be one thing if it promoted itself purely on a fictional basis, as that poorly written blather called "The Bible" that it's based off of should. Instead, it uses fairy tales written by homophobic cavemen in thought experiments which, like theology, are the study of nothing.

Give me Hume or Voltaire any day over this fairytale drivel. Id rather read an epic poem about Harry Potter.
>>
File: la_divina_commedia_purgatorio.jpg (620 KB, 748x1243) Image search: [Google]
la_divina_commedia_purgatorio.jpg
620 KB, 748x1243
Reminder that Milton wrote a heretical epic in which the Devil is the best character.

Reminder that The Divine Comedy is the one true Christian epic poem.
>>
>>8011999
those trips
*praise Jesus*
>>
File: 20.jpg (376 KB, 1025x1280) Image search: [Google]
20.jpg
376 KB, 1025x1280
>>8011386
Are you kidding bro? Greatest love story ever written.
>>
>>8011999
>Reminder that Milton wrote a heretical epic

if we are to blame him for heresy it's because that poem is distinctly anti-trinitarian (the son of god is there portrayed not as a hypostasis of the god but rather as his creation). people were burned at a stake for less, back in the medieval times
>>
>>8011386
I liked Satan struggling through the void to get to the universe, and the description of Eve was beautiful.

>>8011988
Like another poster said, it's too heretical to be Christfag propaganda.
>>
>tfw Eve a dumb bitch but then you hear the serpent talk and kinda get convinced yourself too...

Good shit
>>
>>8011386
Heller
>>
>>8011403
The Brothers Karamazov has a better speech by Satan.
>>
>>8011386
that's just not true though, virtually every single line is sublime, and in concert the books of paradise lost are some of the most incredible pieces of poetry ever to be written down

I respect your right to have that opinion though, even if I disagree
>>
>>8011413
Yeah you should always do what the charismatic ambitious hero says not what the big dumb boring daddy says.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.