[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /lit/ think of DH Lawrence?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: lawrence.jpg (102 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
lawrence.jpg
102 KB, 1200x1200
What does /lit/ think of DH Lawrence?
>>
>>8011335
P good.
>>
I like his poems about animals.
>>
On paper, I ought to hate him. But I like his poems. In spite of being god damned free verse &c.
>>
>>8011740
It's not free verse. It's based on the literary style of the King James Bible
>>
>>8011791
>It's not free verse. It's based on [not meter]

fuck off
>>
Good writer.

Check out his essay, "Why the Novel Matters"
>>
>>8011877
His poetry does have meter, though. It just isn't regular.
>>
>>8011335
I've never seen him discussed here. Of the novels, which one should I start with?
>>
>>8011997
I haven't read everything by him so I'm not sure if I can offer any input here but The Rainbow is fucking really good and Women in Love is even better. You don't have to read one to enjoy the other, but if you do then you should definitely do it in the right order.
>>
>>8011997
Kangaroo
>>
>>8011997
Sons and Lovers
>>
>>8011997
Sons and Lovers is his first major novel and his most well-known

I thought it was alright. Have meant to get round to The Rainbow.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.