[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Post some character descriptions
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3
File: nathanfielder_instagram.jpg (48 KB, 375x281) Image search: [Google]
nathanfielder_instagram.jpg
48 KB, 375x281
What are some of your favorite character descriptions /lit/?
"He was not conspicuously tall, his features were striking but not conspicuously handsome. His hair was wiry and gingerish and brushed backward from the temples. His skin seemed to be pulled backward from the nose. There was something very slightly odd about him, but it was difficult to say what it was. Perhaps it was that his eyes didn't seem to blink often enough and when you talked to him for any length of time your eyes began involuntarily to water on his behalf. Perhaps it was that he smiled slightly too broadly and gave people the unnerving impression that he was about to go for their neck."
>>
File: 1459381519250.jpg (75 KB, 732x743) Image search: [Google]
1459381519250.jpg
75 KB, 732x743
>>8010776
>Perhaps
>>
>>8010783
britbongs man, what you gonna do?
>>
File: 1462417053452.png (160 KB, 343x315) Image search: [Google]
1462417053452.png
160 KB, 343x315
>>8010776
>Perhaps
>conspicious conspicuous
>backward
>____-ish
>slightly odd, but difficult to say
>doesn't show instead of tell in a character description
>cliche eyes didn't seem to blink
>slightly too broadly
>>
>>8010776
"In the Broken States of America walks a man who is neither here nor there. His boots are blacker than black and his skin whiter than white. His gleaming red eye sees all and his one good ear hears all the suffering of mankind. He pledges allegiance to himself. He walks the line between man, animal, race, and religion. His nerves are wired with adrenaline, and his skin transfigured like steel lattice. On his shoulder he slings his machine gun, and past his jacket, past the machinery wired to his mortal frame, and past the contracts signed on his microdrive, he keeps his heart.
>>
>>8010776
John confided to me that he wished of some gossip spreading rumors about him, or that he had a physical deformity so grotesque he couldn't show it even to closest friends. In short, the man's outside was just like his inside, and he walked the world transparent. Every scrap of experience he shared and so squandered. The myths John built around himself were labeled as such, and failed at their duty; and his appearance is so easily put into words that no one bothered. A riddle solved at infancy, he seemed bored, but not unhappy, as sadness eluded him. A man with no subconscious, absolutely clear. "Intelligence is a matter failing to understand itself", John theorized once, and he really looked inanimate then.
>>
I can't get my phone to copy paste so here's a link I found

http://postmetakolsti.tumblr.com/post/92882440475/opening-paragraph-to-something-im-writing
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.