[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>first paragraph of the book warns you there won't be
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5
File: staff.png (259 KB, 801x408) Image search: [Google]
staff.png
259 KB, 801x408
>first paragraph of the book warns you there won't be a happy ending
>>
>>8010645
>introduction warns you that there won't be an ending
>>
>>8010645
What's this thread about? Cliches, or... ?
>>
>>8010882
>idiot anon doesn't know what shitposting is
>>
>the first paragraph of the book
>>
>>8010883
:(
>>
>>8010645

>B^U thread

huh wow, its like I'm on /v/
>>
File: EOjVrQu.jpg (122 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
EOjVrQu.jpg
122 KB, 1920x1080
>author spends the entire prologue convincing you not to read the book
>>
> introduction introduces the setting and characters
>>
File: 760977.jpg (57 KB, 390x264) Image search: [Google]
760977.jpg
57 KB, 390x264
>>8010903
Absolutely nothing wrong with this.
>>
>book has more than one paragraph
>>
>lecture about famous philosopher/economics/socioligist/whatever is 70 minutes of bio and then the professor goes "well i only have ten minutes to summarize (epic treatise) and that's basically impossible, you can't expect me to do that!"

hey jackass maybe if u stopped telling every minute detail of his life u would have time to explain his major works, fuckin hate this shit, but you see it everywhere from ghetto ass "Teaching Company" shit to Yale...
>>
>book has a spine and isn't a pile of loose, unorganized papers

why life
>>
>book is written by an author
why is this still a thing?
>>
>book has a well made induction to post-political hypocrisy in the late and over-regulated garrison of top financial assistant principality of the poor, over-run, overpopulated expropriated penal posited by orphan ex-toll enigmatic incorporeal exegesis of extant scripts taken in the industrial barrier of chaste and propitious hermetical structures.

every time
>>
>>8011751
every fucking time
>>
>>8011698
>book has more than two sentences
>>
File: j33vesu.jpg (19 KB, 217x320) Image search: [Google]
j33vesu.jpg
19 KB, 217x320
>book has words
>>
>Book has Euclidian geometries comprehensible to the human mind
>>
>book is real and not just a metaphor
>>
>>8010645
>this is a story about how I did epic shit/committed genocide
turns out MC was unrelated to the events,it was all an accident/exaggeration
>>
>>8010645
>at the end of the book him mocks you for not listening and even gives you a fake happy ending
>>
>>8011705
it is assumed that you will read books for that. prof is just their to gossip about the dead guys persona life
>>
>character in the book has written the book that you are reading.
>>
>>8013240
>character in the book has written a book much better than the book you are reading
>>
>>8011822
>book isn't an ebnik green text story
>>
>>8012846
spotted Apollonius
>>
>>8013367
Literally House of Leaves
>>
>>8013392
Anything is better than House of Leaves. I was memed into buying it and now its not even half finished and I am not planing on keep reading that crappy book.
>>
>>8013421
I found it quite fun.
You are fooled to think it is long, but seeing as like
1/3 of the pages have very few words on them it is not a long read, and I found it sort of achieved
what if wanted to achieve in an entertaining matter.
>>
>>8010645
>They backpedal and it's even worse
>>
>>8010645
>people over 15 caring about a "happy ending"
>>
>The protagonist doesn't wake up from a dream in the ending
>>
>>8012846
>it doesn't
>>
>>8010645
>First paragraph of the book is "*record scratch* Whoa! You're probably wondering how the heck I got here, let me take you back to the beginning!"
>>
>First paragraph is the MC talking about shitposting while a sentient computer virus trolls him
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.