[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who are the other great latin writers aside from Petrarch, Boccacio,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: decameron.jpg (175 KB, 1000x675) Image search: [Google]
decameron.jpg
175 KB, 1000x675
Who are the other great latin writers aside from Petrarch, Boccacio, and Dante?

I just got done reading Decameron i'd appreciate more works like it or in the similar era.
>>
You mean Italian?
>>
>>8010471

Sure, italian, my bad.

They translated a bunch of latin works and wrote in latin occasionally so that was an oopsie.
>>
Ariosto
Tasso
>>
>>8010476
I think you mean Italian Renaissance writers. You might as well throw in Machiavelli into that mix but he wasn't a translator, however he did study a lot of the works that were rediscovered by Petrarch and pals.
>>
>>8010537

Thanks I actually ordered Orlando Furiosa earlier, I didn't realize it was even from the same time period, thought it was spanish actually.

>>8010556

I know machiavelli has a nice discourse on Livy , I'll get around to him eventually, not too focused on philosophy at the moment but I appreciate it.

I'll look at some of the other works he did though.
>>
Giacomo Leopardi, Giosue Carducci, Giovanni Verga, Luigi Pirandello, Giuseppe Tomasi di Lampedusa, Eugenio Montale, Italo Svevo, Italo Calvino
>>
>>8012391

Great list thanks, I'll order something from each of them when I get the cash.
>>
don't forget that 'the rape of the bucket' poem
>>
>>8012410

Hah i'd like to read about that, supposedly the buckets still around in the town it was stolen from.
>>
Pietro Bembo
Ludovico
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.