[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Books about school shootings/mass shootings.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: archive-paterniti-columbine.jpg (105 KB, 800x553) Image search: [Google]
archive-paterniti-columbine.jpg
105 KB, 800x553
Books about school shootings/mass shootings.
>>
>>8009339
The book entitled Columbine
>>
My Twisted World by Elliot Rodger

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/1173808-elliot-rodger-manifesto.html
>>
>>8009339
Empire Falls
>>
Well Project X is pretty good, honestly, and >>8009348, as big of a meme as it is, provides an interesting narrative - and a proper funny read
>>
>>8009358
the elliot rodger manifesto is a really interesting look at what happens when an autist gets narcissistic personality disorder.

he stabs a guy 94 times
>>
>>8009370
Yeah, that part was pretty fucked up - I found the way he genuinely believes everyone around him (his mother especially, his friends to) to exist as a tool to satisfy his needs.

Also, his writing is hilariously bad for someone who purportedly read philosophy for years (when the only books he actually mentions are The Hunger Games, Game of Thrones and The Secret).
>>
>>8009348
i seriously can't see how you can read past the first paragraph, holy shit, it's so contrived and convoluted and repetitive
>>
>>8009348
My Twisted World will be canon in 100 years.
>>
>>8009348
His rampage was shit though. He couldn't even get through the front door of the sorority he wanted to rek so badly.
>>
>>8009389
I'd have to say the part where he talks about carrying around people's heads in a bag takes the cake.
>>
>>8009339
La compañía de las moscas by Cesar Mallorqui
>>
>>8009457
It is extremely pretentious but it isn't being written by a normal person. How he writes is just one aspect of his mental illness and I think it would be a worse book if it had been edited.

This is the opposite of commercial literature. It is pure expression and it's honestly one of the most powerful books I ever read just because of that.

Reading it fundamentally changed me as a person and honestly there aren't a lot of books that I can say that about. Yes, it's a slog, but in the end you get a really beautiful image of a tortured soul suffering from serious mental disorders and the inevitable tragic outcome of it.

Even if the most of the book is lies (which has been speculated since it's contradictory and repetitive and suspiciously vague in places) it is still a perfect representation of his worldview/perception, completely untainted.

It is not entertaining and it is painful to read but IMO it should be mandatory reading in high schools.
>>
File: bitch.jpg (478 KB, 1000x1670) Image search: [Google]
bitch.jpg
478 KB, 1000x1670
>>
Just read crime and punishment
>>
>>8009688
Nice try, Stephen
>>
the hour i first believed is about columbine. p good i guess
>>
I just remembered I read a book like this when I was 10 or something, the main character had a gameboy that someone stomped on, and he was jerking off in the bathroom and then his dad came in but he didn't notice. That's about all I remember but it was probably shit any way.
>>
>>8009683
Gr8 b8 m8
>>
We Need to Talk About Kevin
>>
>>8009571
This.
Elliot would be interesting if he had killed everyone in the sorority house.
>>
File: 1401597230684.jpg (26 KB, 490x375) Image search: [Google]
1401597230684.jpg
26 KB, 490x375
>>8009571
His shooting reflects his life.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.