[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Novel question
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: spirits.jpg (60 KB, 450x576) Image search: [Google]
spirits.jpg
60 KB, 450x576
I'm writing a semi-autobiographical novel about my experiences with schizophrenia, and I was wondering: should I make it so it is always evident that the content in the book is untrue and a result of an ill mind or should I make it ambiguous so at the end, I can end at the beginning, fulfilling the character's delusions that reality is bending into a circle?
>>
>>8009309
Stop hallucinating that you're still alive Joyce
>>
>>8009309
The latter choice would make for better fiction IMO.
>>
its up to you

psychological illness within stories is not a new concept

we don't know your writing style so i think you should do what feels natural. give it time. i can imagine that this is a personal story. what resonates with you?
>>
>>8009309
why not try both?
>>
>>8009309
I think that you should remove it from "semi-autobiographical." Remove that character from "you," let him grow. Remove wish fufillment
>>
The second sounds better as a STORY so if you want it to be a story, you should do that, infact, if it's really an auto-biography, I don't think you shouldn't do either.

On a personal level, I think it would make a better fiction story, so if you want to make it a fiction story, you should do what >>8011043
said and just write it about a character, the character can be the writer of the story, but I don't think it should m considered 'you'.
In my opinion though the second one sounds better
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.