[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is he so underrated?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
Why is he so underrated?
>>
He's mean to lots of people and the Worldly Will is too abstract to believe in
>>
>>8008937
Hegel.
>>
>>8008937
his haircut is weird
>>
He's properly rated. None of his critiques of Hegel have any real substance and are just him expressing his butthurt. His greatest contribution to philosophy was inspiring Nietzsche.
>>
He's one of the bigger names in the entire history of philosophy to be fair. Unfortunately, by inheriting a lot of Kant's metaphysic, he ends up being a footnote to Kant a lot of the time (perhaps not an unwarrented position). Although I find him convincing, most people don't get much further than Kant's exposition of the transcendental aesthetic before dismissing that whole line of enquiry so I'd imagine that's why he ends up by the wayside.
>>
Because you can't measure ratings with a boner.
>>
He's not really underrated, I mean look at the people who were strongly influenced by him, Einstein, Nietzsche, Hitler, ect. The students tend to eclipse the master.

And yeah, Hitler was much more influenced by Schopenhauer than by Nietzsche. Hitler read all of Der Welt. It's clear that Hitler hadn't read more than a few aphorisms of Nietzsche because it would have repulsed him to have taken the whole thing in.

There's a reason why Mussolini, who actually was very familiar with Nietzsche, didn't buy into the herrenvolk shit.
>>
Everyone knows that he was just a butthurt virgin
>>
>>8009804
There is absolutely no link between schopenhauers thought and hitlers
>>
>>8009810
He fucked lots of women, god read a book some time.
>>
>>8009674
:-/ don't be mean
>>
Because no one wants to further convince themselves that life is terrible and people's natural reaction (understandably) is to reject it
>>
>>8009810
Nice normalfag maymay
>>
>>8009709

How would you summarize the critiques you're thinking of?
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.