[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm in a romantic mood. What are some good books about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: tumblrlqfvtd1iuw1qf0aafo1500.jpg (91 KB, 497x715) Image search: [Google]
tumblrlqfvtd1iuw1qf0aafo1500.jpg
91 KB, 497x715
I'm in a romantic mood.

What are some good books about love?
Bonus point if it's unrequited.
>>
Kokoro - Natsume Soseki
Love triangle. Ends in utter tragedy.
>>
Love in the Time of Cholera is exactly what you're looking for, guarantee it.
>>
>>8008309
Good one. I was going to suggest Lady Chatterley's Lover but yours is better.
>>
Brothers K.
The Red and the Black
>>
>>8008293
>unrequited
Les Miserables, Notre Dames. Any Hugo really.
>>
Love is unrequited by nature.
>>
>>8008293

Madame Bovary and Anna Kareina are it
>>
Thanks for all the recs guys
>>
>>8008373
I disagree. I think love is hard to measure. I also think that in every relationship one person is more in love than the other, but I wouldn't go so far as to say that this makes it unrequited.
>>
Sufferings of Young Werther

Obligatory.
>>
>>8008293
Lolita
>>
>>8008293
Norwegian Wood - HarukI Murakami
>>
>>8010411
That book gave me a Norwegian Wood, gnome saiyan?
>>
Youth in Revolt for unrequited teenage love
>>
File: WhiteNights_02_3.jpg (45 KB, 670x448) Image search: [Google]
WhiteNights_02_3.jpg
45 KB, 670x448
>White Nights, is a short story by Fyodor Dostoevsky that was published in 1848. Set in St. Petersburg, this is the story of a young man fighting his inner restlessness. A light and tender narrative, it delves into the torment and guilt of unrequited love. Both protagonists suffer from a deep sense of alienation that initially brings them together. A blend of romanticism and realism, the story appeals gently to the senses and feelings.

On project Gutenberg to download and very unrequited.
>>
>>8008293
Love and Friendship by Allan Bloom
Plato's Symposium
Jude the Obscure by Thomas Hardy
Measure for Measure by Shakespeare
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.