[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dumbest Theory About A Work Of Literature Or Author
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (113 KB, 651x387) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
113 KB, 651x387
So I'm in my second year of Uni and it seems like every other prof wants to make a name for himself by going
[popular author] was GAY/BISEXUAL/ACTUALLY A WOMAN
And
[popular work] is a metaphor for COMMUNISM/ATHISM/IMPOTENCE
What's the dumbest theory you've heard?
>>
Shakespeare was gay
>>
that pynchon is good
>>
>>8008291
all I hear on /lit/ is that universities in usa are going to shit.
Is that true?
>>
that god does not exist and jesus christ is not his son and our saviour
>>
>>8008291
universe professors are intelligent.
>>
File: image.jpg (440 KB, 1723x2171) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
440 KB, 1723x2171
>>8008329
>>
>>8008335
yes, but I believe the biggest problems are economic, rathee than political.
>>
>>8008346
NO, HE WAS A GODDAMN FAGGOT!
>>
>>8008291
>So I'm in my second year of Uni and it seems like every other prof wants to make a name for himself by going
>[popular author] was GAY/BISEXUAL/ACTUALLY A WOMAN
There are a handful of key people that probs were more sexually adventurous than one might expect at the time, but often this is part of a wider movement. So like if they're in the enlightenment it was quite fashionable to fuck men too because that's what the Greek boys did. I noticed a few years back that lots of undergrads would randomly assign that "such and such was actually GAY" like that somehow was a deep point, and not treating a sexual orientation as a kind of spectacle.

Most of them end up changing their view when they think right wing thought is more grown up too.
>>
Shakespeare and Cervantes are the same person.

http://www.elmundo.es/cataluna/2016/04/13/570e97d6ca4741d7718b461d.html

thanks Catalonia
>>
>>8008384
he can be both and also a theif who stole his plays from an uncredited black woman.
>>
>>8008346
I look forward to future analyses of Venus and Adonis and claims that Shakespeare was actually furkin
>>
>>8008416
Will we ever see justice for the scourge of the white male?
>>
File: image.jpg (39 KB, 460x368) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39 KB, 460x368
>>8008291
Gogol was gay and Dead Souls has a homosexual narrative that proves this. I was only taking the class as a bird course but here I took intrest and debated my professor on this. Never have I seen so many goalposts moved in to fast a time.
>>
>>8008346
Stupid.

Everyone knows Shakespeare was a lesbian.
>>
It's pretty much an accepted fact in contemporary literary theory that Jack Kerouac was a homosexual who expressed his homolust for Dean Moriarty in On The Road. I remember my prof doing a lecture on it and saying how Dean having a portrait of himself nude in his apartment was just a figment of Kerouac's imagination.
>>
>>8009458
not to mention his one night stand with gore vidal
>>
Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man is meant to be a post-colonial metaphor.
>>
My professor said that after Adonis died and became a flower, Venus shoved the flower up her vagina and became a hermaphrodite.
>>
>>8009426
tell me more about the size of your fedora
>>
File: 1459886679449.jpg (26 KB, 338x338) Image search: [Google]
1459886679449.jpg
26 KB, 338x338
>[classic work of literature] is sexist/racist/liberal buzzword
>>
>>8009445
And so is born the lesbian-Jewish-black Shakespeare theory
>>
>>8009519
> implying I only have 1 fedora
Like all civilized gentlesirs I posses a substantial fedora collection
>>
File: 1443157463033.png (52 KB, 253x245) Image search: [Google]
1443157463033.png
52 KB, 253x245
>american "universities"
>>
"I like Lovecraft."
>BUT HE ACTUALLY HAD VERY RACIST VIEWS AND BLAHBLAHBLAH
YES I FUCKING KNOW ALREADY, I JUST DONT CARE
>>
>The Constitution is terrible

The USSR actualyl won guys :/
>>
>>8008291
Finnegan's Wake contains a story.
>>
>>8008291
>What's the dumbest theory you've heard?
hitler was gay,mozart was black and shakespeare was illiterate.
>GAY/BISEXUAL/ACTUALLY A WOMAN
you forgot pedo and incest
>>
That shakespeare was the queen.

Anything written by Robert Borski on Gene Wolfe, especially that "Cues" is about taking a poop.

That the unnameable in Beckett was actually an epistemically unknowable thing that destabilizes language and meaning when it is clearly a joke.
>>
>>8009445
>a lesbian.
a trans lesbian.
>>
>>8008291
>So I'm in my second year of Uni and it seems like every other prof wants to make a name for himself by going
>[popular author] was GAY/BISEXUAL/ACTUALLY A WOMAN

john green is actually a woman :^)
>>
>>8013064
by which I mean he is a woman in a men's body but likes to fuck women.
>>
>>8013106
>by which I mean he is a woman in a men's body but likes to fuck women
...in men's bodies?
>>
>>8013116
ha that would make for an interesting book. maybe about a woman that can have her mind in many bodies but they can only be male bodies (with her original body being lost)
>>
>>8013130
Some would go so far as to call you wrong...
>>
>>8008346
>>8008384
>implying Shakespeare wasn't an African womyn
>>
>>8009569
was he also "differently-abled"? did he struggle with type two diabetes?
>>
>>8008291
Moby Dick is about everything except for whales.
>>
The dumbest theory I ever heard was that the narrator of Melville's "Bartleby" was an idiot for not firing the eponymous character, because the latter wasn't an efficient worker.
>>
>>8014109
they were arguing the story was basically didactic.
>>
in my british lit class my professor mentioned in passing that virginia woolf was bi but didnt really get into it because it's an inconsequential thing and he's a reasonable man
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.