[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anybody else hate university here?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: hate.jpg (23 KB, 500x390) Image search: [Google]
hate.jpg
23 KB, 500x390
Does anybody else hate university here?
>>
File: 1462455350965.png (53 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
1462455350965.png
53 KB, 645x773
>>8008001

>humanities students make fun of you for being an art pleb
>STEM students make fun of you for not being nerdy enough
>>
Does anyone else hate offtopic shit threads?
>>
The communists did one thing right: purging the intelligentsia.
>>
yea, i'm sick of being persecuted as a cis-gendered heterosexual white male.
>>
>>8008001
Nope, being a STEM student means shit's rad, family.
>>8008061
I mean, you're not even trying here, brah.
>>
>>8008061
Not to come off as a fedora tipper, but I unironically feel this way.
My opinions are given less value in the classroom because of my gender and my skin color. I'm referred to more frequently as a "white dude" than I am by my real name. I'm constantly told that, while I'm a decent guy(an uncle tom), that "my kind" is worse than other people because of privilege and our apparently natural proclivity for rape and sexual harassment.
Every time I head "yeah, but you're *white" I wonder if that's what it felt like as a black person in the past to be told "yeah, but you're a nigger" anytime they had a thought.
>>
>>8008136
Does this actually happen to you? Why don't you stand up for yourself? It reads kind of like a /pol/ fantasy
>>
>>8008136
I'm not even white and i feel you.

Every single one of those fucks is rich as hell and whitewashed by western academia. All that SJW memery is the whitest ideology, right down to its philosophical foundation.

The worst are the jewish girls.
>>
>>8008138
I've tried, but I can't win. I try to assert my personhood, and they twist it into me trying to oppress them. I'm told that white men have ruled literature long enough, and that there don't need to be anymore in it. I imagine it doesn't help that my profs are untenured, so they worry about their getting canned if they oppose this.
>>
>>8008136
go to bed cracker
>>
>>8008136
I see this shit happen online and it annoys me, but as a no lifer who rarely leaves the house it's never happened to me. It baffles me to see people throwing around "white male" trying to discredit someone's argument without being called racist or sexist.
It's the same as any kind of prejudice, which I think most people see, but I think we've just hit a perfect storm with everything that's happening lately.
With transgender issues and gay rights advancing and everything in recent years it's easier to flip the tables, for a small group at least, on those who were never "oppressed" like that, and generalize about "white men" even though that's the same kind of prejudice that these people claim to be fighting against. And people are afraid to say something because they get called out as being sexist trash and muh patriarchy and privilege.
If I could say something to those civil rights extremists it would be that everyone is just trying the best they can, and that you might actual inspire change in those that need it if you didn't throw an absolute shit fit over everything. Not that that would be very likely to help.
If two people are yelling at each other no viewpoint will ever change, and when one person is yelling the other is bound to start.
I wrote this from the toilet.
>>
>>8008179
>It baffles me to see people throwing around "white male" trying to discredit someone's argument without being called racist or sexist.
Something something muh monolithic power structures """""reverse"""""" racism or sexism dont exist these power structures are definately 100% fact and not exaggerated or oversimplified in any way SHITLORD
>>
>>8008179
As someone not living in the US, i can't even fathom the level of stupidity that SJW's have amassed. The level of discourse is nearly retarded, the ideas are things that would fit a satirical skit, and the hypocrisy is also overwhelming.

From the context of my country it's hard to believe these people even exist.
>>
>>8008136
>rape and sexual harassment.
black / Indian got it worse IMO, hope you don't get the shootout kid reputation by not being outtrovert.
>>
>>8008190
Which country? Here in university in the UK I have never personally run into what I would call 'sjw' stuff but we make it into the news routinely for that kind of insanity
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.