[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just remembered a scene from my childhood. Me, my mother and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: snowy_night_by_deemax-d5mp7pz.jpg (474 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
snowy_night_by_deemax-d5mp7pz.jpg
474 KB, 900x600
I just remembered a scene from my childhood. Me, my mother and my little sister were on a long train trip. It took several days, and we had to sleep in the train. The trip was very uncomfortable, and I didn't like it very much. I specifically remember a certain night, during which I woke up because of the loud noises the train was making. My young self sleepily looked out the window, where it was snowing. I was amazed at how beautiful it was. The snow falling through the nearly pure darkness was almost like from a dream. It was then I realised how amazing life is. The young me couldn't comprehend that such beauty would go unnoticed by anyone but me. There was such beautiful snow falling out here, in a place where no one lived, in a place where no one else would see it. I felt so small and pointless.

I just remembered it, and now I feel nostalgic. I haven't it this strongly in years. Tears are falling from my eyes as I write this pointless text. Because even this text, which is making me cry, is something I will eventually forget. Maybe when I'm older, I'll remember writing this in a time long gone, and i'll feel this once again.
>>
File: snow1[1].jpg (85 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
snow1[1].jpg
85 KB, 600x450
You went melodramatic in the end, otherwise it was good.

I remember being carried from some family thing to the car, waking up in the back-seat with my brother next to me, my father driving, and my mother next to him. It was pitch black outside, the only sound their breathing and the hum of the engine, and I them all in the dim, colourful lights of the dashboard. Rising up, I could see large snowflakes falling in the head-lights. At that moment, it was all the world.

The car stopped and I pretended sleep so that my father would carry me to my bed. Usually he woke me up, but sometimes he carried me. It was the best. Next morning their screaming woke me up. I waited for hours for to stop, but it never did. I could handle my own hunger, but I know in the other dream my brother was crawled up under the covers too. So I got up, walked into the kitchen and said good morning, and they stopped and walked into separate rooms. That always happened.
>>
>>8006878
Thank you for the critique.
I wasn't really thinking when I wrote this, just feeling and writing.
>>
>>8006898
Actually you just pasted this from /r9k/

Please fuck off.
>>
>>8006920
I posted this on both /r9k/ and here
>>
Keep it to your diary op, lame ass shit.
>>
>>8006848
What country was this?
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.