[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cure for Nihilism?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 1438586152336.jpg (38 KB, 410x298) Image search: [Google]
1438586152336.jpg
38 KB, 410x298
I've read too much nihilist and eastern shit. My desires and cares about the world have gone to shit. I don't even shitpost anymore, I just sit around and watch the grass grow or watch shitty netflix shows.

I don't really even care about opinions, whether it's the views of others or myself. It's really just a burden to hold opinions and invest yourself in anything. I just exist.

Reading suggestions to light that fire again? I tried some drugs, which was pretty cool, and I'm gonna go gamble this weekend. I wish I had the fire of an immigrant asian student or businessman who wants to crush the living shit out of the competition, to give you an idea of a role model. I just want something real.
>>
>>8005145
SWTG
>>
>>8005145

you need to be older than 18 to post on this site summerfriend
>>
>>8005166

I'm 25

Veteran shitposter actually.
>>
>>8005184

sure
>>
>>8005188
I'm actually writing a Fantasy book, inspired by stuff like greek mythology, ASOIAF, Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Lolita, World of Warcraft and Dark Souls. Here's a fragment:
"This is going to take all day", said Ser Jared from Blackgate, clad in his black armor with skull indentations in the shoulders, carrying a two-handed sword in his back, made of Dragonian Steel, the words echoed through his helmet, a traditionalist design from the realms of Veloris, on the edge of the Argosian continent, the same continent that waged war against the 7 philosophers and their armies of corruption in the third age of annihilation.

"If you're tired you can go back to the inn, and we'll tell the Black Commander about how you didn't participate in the mission", said Trekk, an orc with a skin as green as the leaves found on the Oak trees in the swamps of Cambodia, the swamps where his village was burnt by Lord Tycho Anahoris before him and his family died from the infamous brown plague. He sported a greyish armor made in the sacred forges of the Torrus Citadel, and a mace, inherited across the more than 200 generations of his clan.

"I think the black commander has more important matters to worry about than a beginner being a useless shit", said Gared from Newtown, a mage that has served the Helios legion for more than 15 years, the bottom of his robes being lightly brown from the dirty of Harren's Ascension, the only path that crossed Mount Dross, one of the several mountains in the valley of the eagle, one of the three sacred valleys in the peninsula of Yee, home to the sword of the earth, the sword the legendary warrior Akatosch used to slay the dark god of the mountains Cartos by stabbing his volcanic heart.

The three formed part of the Diamon squad, one of the 12 coalitions led by the Black Commander, a title given to the most cunning strategist, and the second in power in the Helios Legion, the first being the Supreme Commander. The current black commander is known as Diego, from the desert lands of Duranton, located in the western continent of Aglos.

The current supreme commander is known as Benjis, who at his age of 50 has won several battles against the republic of the seventh sin and the white invasion, both led by the now deceased Dark Power of Ultramar, a being as mysterious as the army he leads.

Both the black and the supreme commander have mistresses known as "Lilis", strange creatures with the body of a child, and older than many of the warriors in the Helios Legion, the black commander has been victim of rumors stating how he often sleeps with several of them, but they're all false shamings made in order to try and put shit on his name...Or so he says.

Suddenly, as the three legionares walked up the mountain, rain started falling, "Oh shit, why now" said Gared, "I just had these clothes washed". "Don't be a fucking pussy" said Trekk, "We're getting close on the camp we were told to investigate".
So what do you think.
>>
>>8005145
Read the section of Epictetus' Discourses on the Cynics. The Cynics are a good proxy for Buddhists and watch as he shows you your future.

Go stoic style- do shit, have shit but don't let shit become your master. At any moment you should be willing to give your shit up, but still, for christsakes live.

Also Zorba, the main character also struggles with the connectedness of the endgame between Buddhism and nihilism and the character Zorba is a foil and liberator for him.
>>
>>8005145
I can give you something to watch as apposed to reading if you want.
>>
>>8005213
I haven't ventured past the Enchiridion but I'll pick up the discourses, thank you very much. I think re-reading stoicism will get me back on the right path.

>>8005215
open to anything m8
>>
Make yourself so sick you'll think you'll either go insane or die and then get better
>>
>>8005145
>Cure for Nihilism

Go work your fucking arse off a rainy day, then come back and make a good ol' plate of beans on toast.
>>
>>8005191
I stopped reading after Harry Potter but I definitely believe you now when you said you were a shitposter
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.