[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should an author talk frankly about his work in interviews /
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: .jpg (16 KB, 400x309) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
16 KB, 400x309
Should an author talk frankly about his work in interviews / reflections?
>>
nice james ferraro pic
>>
theres a subtle pissy/nihilist mood in all of james ferarros talks that tells me he aint liking how things are rn
>>
bu
>>
>>8004726
seems like he doesn't like explaning his work
>>
can someone give an opinion on authors talking about their work
>>
i feel like theres a vry subtle/cool intense desperate vibe in his music tht comes out rarely in big gushes [see domestic violence and some parts of nyc hell]
>>
I met this nigger at a show I put on with n0i$e band$. Stole my bike.
>>
>>8006786
what parts in particular?
>>
>>8006786
>i feel like theres a vry subtle/cool intense desperate vibe in his music

skid row is like, all that imo.

some rarities i just found:
https://mega.nz/#F!Uh90WQpD!FaZ0grlIQvmvtZPWdRTu5Q
>>
i feel like james is legitimately pissed that he never really found success with music and all his peers have.
>>
File: 1429655521314.jpg (310 KB, 1280x852) Image search: [Google]
1429655521314.jpg
310 KB, 1280x852
>>8007300
i feel like he established himself very well with far side virtual though. like it or not, it will be remembered.

i cant personally say much about his success. maybe not as "MADE IT" status as lopatin (touring with NIN and whatnot), if we can compare the two.
>>
>>8007300
yea and he probably made that choice
he kinda gave life to a lot of artists that are 'bigger' than him
>>
kfc city 3099 is good, if i'm in the mood
last american hero/adrenaline's edge is pretty damn good
night dolls with hair spray is eh
far side virtual is fantastic
skid row is decent, has a few great songs (1992 comes to mind)

haven't listened to the rest yet but i'd say he's the best artist to gain popularity in the 10's
>>
>Blunt shakes his head and laughs. “The devil known as Hippos In Tanks man,” he marvels. “Satan himself.” Hippos In Tanks was hypnagogic pop’s Altamont, a label that functioned as a high paying lightning rod for major thinkers like Blunt, James Ferraro and Daniel Lopatin of Games and Oneohtrix Point Never, while giving them access to visions of the kind of dark Babylonian capital and debauch that their music had previously only imagined.

>"They was the ones who brought James and I together," Blunt explains. "But that man is the fucking devil. Shit goes wrong but I just remember a lot of weed and a lot of signing, no lawyers to look over it and I had to pay a lot of money to get them off my arse."

>"They hooked us up with a gig at the 50th Birthday party of the guy who made e-cigarettes," he recalls. "He just got divorced from his wife and so he thought The Redeemer was helping him or something. He had this huge mansion in Fort Lauderdale in Florida, and James and I played at it, just non-stop white powder truth sessions. He had paramedics bringing us IV drips so we could keep going. Then on day two he had this thing called Fifty Is My Fantasy where he hired a bunch of ladies of the night and he rented this island and all his friends turned up and they basically ran through the forest hunting these women down like dogs. The whole thing was hooked up for us by Hippos In Tanks, it was fucking intense and all the time they were chasing these women, they were playing Billy Joel really loud across a PA system. It was totally surreal and kind of fucking disgusting really, but it was powerful, you know? Certain things are just bigger than judgement.”
>>
>>8007934
wheres this from?
>>
>>8004718
If they want to.
>>
>>8006310
Bookworm, and also any interview ever.
>>
>>8007934
the death of hippos in tanks was a big hit to underground music
that label was pure gold
>>
>>8006786
james has said in many interviews that he approaches his music like "still life painting", little snapshots of contemporary life or lost futures (see hauntology). The desperation you're referring to is more evident in his recent, hi-fi output, while his older stuff feels really nostalgic and optimistic. I can only assume he either sees contemporary reality through extremely pessimistic lens or that desperation comes from sheer confusion
>>
>>8008042
The Wire, issue 367
>>
>>8008098
agreed. RIP barron machat
>>
>>8007934
>He just got divorced from his wife and so he thought The Redeemer was helping him or something

LOL
>>
>>8007238
is that u sapporo LOL
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.