[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have a English assignment where I have to read 17 of Walt Qhitman's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: 20160504_231247.jpg (3 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20160504_231247.jpg
3 MB, 5312x2988
I have a English assignment where I have to read 17 of Walt Qhitman's poems. This book has essentially all of them, but I don't know which ones to read. Are there any essential or outstanding peoces of his work? Thanks.
>>
Read the twelve of the 1855 edition (in that edition, not in the Deathbed one), plus Out of the Cradle Endlessly Rocking, Crossing Brooklyn River, and When Lilacs Last in the Dooryard Bloom'd.

There you have his best poems. The other 2 are on your choice.
>>
>17

what an oddly specific number
>>
>>8003779
Well...
Song of Myself just to start.
>>
whitman is trash, how unfortunate for you.
>>
>>8003864
what's wrong with Whitman?
>>
>>8003886

Nothing. Lit must be contrarian to be contrarian.
>>
>>8003825
Really it's 15-20, I wanted to avoid the minimum.

>>8003864
I wish I had a better choice too but my teacher is a bitch.
>>
>>8003831
After song of myself, go directly to Out of the Cradle Endlessly Rocking. God I love that poem.
>>
>>8003779
>Walt Qhitman
Qhat the fuck?
>>
>>8003821
This is legit. Seadrift elegies at tight.
>>
These 14:
http://whitmanarchive.org/published/LG/1867/clusters/4

+ "Song of Myself," "Crossing Brooklyn Ferry," and "Poem of You, Whoever You Are"
>>
>>8003864
>>8004118
Get good before you post.
>>
>>8003779
I just bought the deathbed edition for personal collection. I'd say pick about 3 from each catagory (if yours is caragorized like mine) to be safe and to get the full spectrum. He definitely had an aversion towards nature, and Song of Myself is given, though it's long.
But really, just read a bunch of them; a lot of them short. And see if any stand out to you. Whitman wrote some fantastic works.
>>
>>8003821
>>8003831
>>8004129
>>8004156
>>8004157
>>8004183
Thanks anons
>>
>>8004156
*are. Sometimes I should proofread.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.