[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I deal with the fact that the Munchhausen trilemma exists
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: 1412974688906.png (108 KB, 400x381) Image search: [Google]
1412974688906.png
108 KB, 400x381
How do I deal with the fact that the Munchhausen trilemma exists and all philosophy is bullshit and all humanities / art / politics is narcissistic posturing?

Everything is such BS on a big pile of BS on a mountain of BS, it's all so hard to take. Everything boils down to BS or trivialities.
>>
>>8003438
Saying all philosophy is bull shit is a philosophical idea.

i.e. You're retarded
>>
why are you posting this again.
>>
File: stressed_dyke.jpg (8 KB, 258x196) Image search: [Google]
stressed_dyke.jpg
8 KB, 258x196
Axiomatic (possibly circular) consistent frameworks are completely okay - and truth is secondary to me in general. I say this as a theoretical physicist.
What you may want to ask is the use of things. E.g.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Performative_utterance

discusses a notion of action - things have value while you do them and if it makes your live better, why bother whether there are absolutes which can be known?
>>
>>8003496
Why do some galaxies and planets spin in opposite direction relative to the norm?
>>
Some kind of ramshackle coherentism built out of your favourite gay flavours of epistemology, with occasional dashes of mystical foundationalism that basically amounts to "i bet theres some kind of cosmic plan desu reality is too cool to be a big nothin" is usually sufficient to ground more wiggling which results in better coherentism, except in rare moments when Carneades appears and really fucks your face and punches the wind out of you, but then you just wait like a day and order a pizza and it mysteriously vanishes again. It's really hard to summon Carneadeas back after he finishes in your mouth. He just leaves for like another three months, and you can get back to work hammering out ontologies that justify caring about studying snails or whatever the fuck it is you do.

The real kicker is that the better humans get at meta-coherentism, the harsher Carneades' cum tastes in those moments when he does show up. The bigger the house of cards, the worst it feels when it temporarily implodes. But it will still always go all Prince of Persia Sands of Time and fix itself by morning.
>>
>axiom
>>
>>8003438
stop posting this thread, you frog faggot.

Find the others in the archive.

Or, alternatively, fuck off back to /r9k/
>>
>>8003499
Because you keep touching yourself at night.
>>
>the munchhausen trilemma is adequate in explaining the truth

nice try bucko
>>
File: image.jpg (643 KB, 1698x1131) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
643 KB, 1698x1131
>>8003438

>something requires proof to be true
>>
Every concept is manmade and nothing can be proved! gasp OP you are turning my world UP SIDE DOWN
>>
>>8003714
DOWN or UP . . . .?
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.