[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If I could only read one Hemingway novel, which should it be?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (71 KB, 468x359) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
71 KB, 468x359
If I could only read one Hemingway novel, which should it be?
>>
>>8003311
The Sun Also Rises

The real answer is to read all of his short fiction.
>>
For Whom the Bell Tolls.

If there's one thing I took away from it, it's that I can clean my bowl with a piece of bread.
>>
>>8003318
You'll get that gem from a lot of the Nick Adams stories, too.
>>
https://www.goodreads.com/author/list/1455.Ernest_Hemingway
>>
most hemingway novel - the sun also rises

best novel that could have been mistaken for a different author - for whom the bell tolls
>>
The novel he was going to start writing after he died.
>>
The Sun Also Rises
Great book desu
>>
most underrated Hemingway that i never hear enough about: Men without Women. i think he shines in short story format
>>
>>8003316
this
>>
>>8003311
Garden of Eden

Seriously though read them all faggot, then re-read them. There's a reason that this guy is called the most important author since Shakespeare
>>
The Old Man and the Sea
>>
Everyone here is wrong. Read Islands in the Stream.
>>
>>8003556
really? only one I haven't read.
>>
>>8003316
The real answer.
>>
>>8003550
The only Hemignway I've read is this and I enjoyed it a lot.
>>
Hemingway is shit, read Faulkner instead.
>>
>>8003311
The sun also rises is shit you will be dissapointed
>>
>>8003556
3/4 good. That one Cuba section talking with the whore went on forever though.
>>
Death in the Afternoon
>>
File: the fedora'd gentleman.jpg (935 KB, 1195x1594) Image search: [Google]
the fedora'd gentleman.jpg
935 KB, 1195x1594
>>8003595
>>
>>8003311
None
>>
>>8003335
I actually grabbed that 4free is it any good? I assumed it was a cashgrab by his son
>>
>>8005377
there's this retarded fedora guy at work that always talks about atheism and bitches that he didn't get into a good stem grad program because of affirmative action for women (even tho he's hispanic) the other day he was making some poor muslim girl watch a sam harris lecture, and then watch some kind of pro-gaming tournament, i'm like woah i didnt know dudes this fedora exist in real life
>>
>>8005383
Feminist detected.
>>
>>8003319
And Cold Mountain
>>
>>8003311
None, because they are not so good. read other.
>>
>>8005986
r/thathappened
>>
>>8003311
For Whom the Bell Tolls is, I think, his best novel. I didn't like The Sun Also Rises because it could have been titled: Cuck and Double Cuck, the novel.
>>
>>8007911
I believe it desu, I've seen people that bad
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.