[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Im writing a story about two college boys being locked in a library
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (956 KB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
956 KB, 3264x2448
Im writing a story about two college boys being locked in a library during a snow storm on Valentine s Day. they get to know each other better as the storm progresses. One boy's kind of nerdy, in there for pleasure reading. Another one is almost the complete opposite, in there to work on a last minute project. Any good ideas for an opening sentence?
>>
>Any good ideas for an opening sentence?

There you go.
>>
Why are you so gay, OP?
>>
is this gay erotica
>>
because I live to sin
>>
It was a dark and stormy night
>>
i was thirthen and gay living in a small town
>>
Sunset found them squatting in the library, groaning
>>
>The stench of semen, shit and old paper filled the air.
>>
My name is [name of your character] and this the story of how I fell in love.
It all began in the school library on Valentine's Day...
>>
>>8003059
now I know why people don't like this poster
>>
>>8003043
They stared absent mindedly at the rows of books; the big brown books, the little white books, the medium grey books, so many books but no book could ever teach them what they would learn that evening...
>>
she called earlier and said we weren't going to be together anymore on St Valentines day.
>>
See that getting his ass pounded? That's me. Little would you know just a few minutes ago I was a lonely closeted virgin. Weird huh? Here's how it all went down...
There you go op
>>
It was love at first sight, at last sight, at ever and ever sight.
>>
>>8003043
How is asking for ideas part of not writing your garbage prose? You can't even start a short story, just give up and play video games. A millions people out there like you "aspiring" but never doing. It's pathetic.
>>
"Any luck?" asked [name], watching warily as [name] walked about the room with his phone in the air, trying to catch a signal. He already knew the answer.
>>
"Check this out." The book practically fell open to the page he wanted to show me. He had done this many times before, I thought. "This is the only book in the school library that says 'nigger' in it."
>>
"Don't you think it's hot in this library?" [name 1] said.
"I think YOU'RE what's hot in the library." said [name 2].
That's how [name 1] had his first homosexual encounter. This his the story the experience that would change [name 1]'s life forever.
>>
>>8003043
And yet here we are, fated to cum in the other face in the end.
>>
File: 1462410710517.jpg (427 KB, 1543x1360) Image search: [Google]
1462410710517.jpg
427 KB, 1543x1360
>>8003043
watch this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kele20K6Wdc
>>
>>8003119
She's also a woman
>>
>>8003199
Is that the real Arthur theme song?
>>
>>8003190
kek

a college library undoubtedly has more than one book with "nigger" in it, but I laughed anyhow.
>>
>>8003043
I love sucking cocks
>>
>>8003119
She's right, though. Your story sounds like generic shit. Even if it's bait, it's not beyond mediocre.
>>
lmao I'm not trying to do anything special with it, just wanted to write a fanfic lol
>>
>>8003109
this lmao
>>
>>8003129
Imitating Alan Glynn? If so, that's really good.
>>
>>8003190

No lie. I actually really like this one. This is something that a young guy would show another young guy to show off. You can even have the egghead say something like "never read Tom Sawyer, huh?"
>>
>>8003199
I knew this story sounded familiar

>>8003226
Yes, it's Bob Marley's childrens' band. Pretty dope of the producers to commission it
>>
>>8003129
crude but creative. I like it
>>
>>8003199
>locked in the library
>never even considers to read
>>
>>8003199
"are you nuts, how is a book going to help us"

slogan of /lit/
>>
>>8003404
>the relief comes when she finds a tv to watch movies on
>>
File: gay.jpg (311 KB, 620x580) Image search: [Google]
gay.jpg
311 KB, 620x580
hey op, why don't you add like 2 female characters as well, so that your female characters can relate (make one autistic yet quirky and endearing, the other a misunderstood popular girl) and add this outsider kid who's like an outcast but deep down he's just a hurt soul. throw in some romance and shizzles and wa la.

bonus point: I even made a cover for you.
you're welcome.
good luck senpai :3
>>
>>8003119
that's not the real aunt butters
>>
File: 1460708763736.jpg (67 KB, 564x635) Image search: [Google]
1460708763736.jpg
67 KB, 564x635
>>8003440
>wa la
>>
>>8003129
Scorsese/10
>>
>>8003043
Call me when there's boipussy involved
>>
>>8003043
The night was moist
>>
>>8003043
Russian immigrées describe cold, harsh weather beautifully, as one builds fondness for grueling mountain ascent months after it: that is to say, by being removed from the biting freezing reality and heavy air of arid whirling snow and ice, they capture it as a God would capture it, exactly and without themselves. As a Canadian, I can hardly repeat this feat, and will leave the painting of tempest building outside to my friend here, who of course is too young to even have met someone from Silver Age, the old surviving remnants - Brodsky, who my father for some reason despises - still he is Russian, and this is no Russia.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.