[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So /lit/, tell me about the essays you've written for uni,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
So /lit/, tell me about the essays you've written for uni, how you wrote them, what you talked about. Did you manage to write about your interests in a way that related them to the overall subject? Were you able to write something that, regardless of its topic, was enjoyable?
>>
revisionist myth in ezra pounds cantos
patriarchal oppression in lot 49
pynchonian narrative in the films of jacques rivette
>>
>>8003009
Of the papers I'm proud to have written:

>Faulkner's use of pulp genre conventions in Sanctuary, Light in August, and The Wild Palms.

>Keats's synthesis of Keats's suspicion of the eternal in "Ode on a Grecian Urn" and "Bright star! Would I were stedfast as thou art."
>>
>>8003204
Oops..delete "Keats's synthesis of"
>>
I-Ive written essays but they weren't for university, can I still post?
>>
I've written a lot of essays in the past 4 years, and I can't remember what a lot of them were about, but here are some of the ones I've enjoyed writing the most and that have gained me praise from my teachers:

- The novelistic aspects of Pessoa's Book of Disquiet
- The unreliable reader of Nabokov's Lolita
- The use of epic epithets in Cantar de Mio Cid
- The importance of the covers of Nabokov's Lolita in the reading and understanding of the novel
- Hinduism and Transcendentalism in Emerson's "Brahma"
- The epic simile in William Meredith's sonnet "The Illiterate"
- Ineffability and silence in King Lear and The Book of Job
- The construction of tragedy in Beckett's A Piece of Monologue
- The tripartite system of characters of the detective genre in three of Chesterton's Father Brown stories

Right now I'm working on expanding the essay about Emerson into a 30+ page dissertation, but I'm kinda lazy so I've only got like 15 pages which need further revising and rewriting.
>>
>>8003253
here are the ones****
>>
>10 page research paper on Infinity within the works of Jorge Luis Borges
>11 page research paper on the marginalization of the voice of low poverty students within the classroom along with proposed solutions
>5-6 page analysis of Christian devices within Yeats' "The Second Coming"
>3-4 page paper on deceit in King Lear
>8-9 page research paper on Priming as a teaching strategy along with its implications for students with autism
>>
>>8003253
pastebin the Beckett one?
>>
>>8003253
Do you mind posting the Pessoa one? Seems interesting.
>>
>>8003267
>>8003276

I'd gladly share them with you, but unfortunately I don't have them with me, and I won't have access to them till June 26th for reasons. They are in Spanish, too, so perhaps the only thing you can take from them is the bibliography.
>>
File: james_joyce.jpg (45 KB, 336x504) Image search: [Google]
james_joyce.jpg
45 KB, 336x504
James Joyce and the Psychedelic Experience: Argument for a Biographical Psychonautic Reading of Joyce's Major Novels

I got a C
>>
>>8003287
Sounds pretentious as fuck.
>>
>>8003294
oooopppeeenn youuuurrr miiinnnd (pineal gland) brrrooooo
>>
yes, and yes.
>>
OP here, nice to see all these answers. Genuinely impressed by what you're all doing - sometimes I despair for this board, but threads like these cheer me up.

As far as I'm concerned, what I've written lately:
>Sensation/perception as the basis of the creation-narration act, with reference to William Burroughs and New American Cinema (feat. Spinoza and Deleuze)
>Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas as an instance of a godless knight of faith, the US as an example of Spinozian godhood

Upcoming:
>Giallo movies and the body, a history of cartilagenous dance (feat. you guessed it, Spinoza)
>Giorgio Manganelli, the infinite masquerade of Nothingness
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.