[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Blood Meridian
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: 1035x1559-marve_pds_015_h.jpg (139 KB, 1035x1559) Image search: [Google]
1035x1559-marve_pds_015_h.jpg
139 KB, 1035x1559
>How’s this for a powerhouse combination: Russell Crowe is in talks to star in a James Franco-directed adaptation of Cormac McCarthy’s Blood Meridian with Tye Sheridan and Vincent D’Onofrio also boarding the cast.

So this man will be playing Judge Holden, right?
>>
He'd actually make a good Judge. I didn't think anyone would really fit the role but he wouldn't be bad.
>>
>>8002874
>James Franco-Directed
>directed
>James Franco

Pick one
>>
What intro gnosticism should I read before BM?
>>
I cannot for the life of me shake my image of James Franco as an intolerable pseud.
>>
>>8002919
There's a reason for that.
>>
I got the impression reading the first fifth of Blood Meridian -- all I could stomach -- that McCarthy wanted more to film the story than write it. Franco is the absolute last person you'd want to do it, but the idea itself certainly isn't bad.
>>
A lot of people here jealous about Franco's good looks, money, fame, status, academic prowess (both his teaching and monstrous course load), and published fiction.
>>
>>8002945
Maybe some, but he is genuinely a bad writer. There are regularly people posting on /lit/ much more talented than him. Palo Alto was indulgent garbage.
>>
Absolutely perfect casting.
>>
>>8002919
Takes one to know one.
>>
TOM HARDY AS HOLDEN

IT HAS TO HAPPEN
>>
>>8003035
Could he do it?

Also the guy who directed The Revenant should direct it. Franco would be absolute fucking trash, obviously.

Who could be the kid? Paul Dano?

I feel like Christian bale would be a good toadvine for some reason
>>
File: mussolini2.jpg (90 KB, 460x635) Image search: [Google]
mussolini2.jpg
90 KB, 460x635
>>8003035
Hardy's chinline is too squarish and pointy. The Judge oughta look more roundish and wide, Roman-like, baby-like.
>>
This guy cannot be the judge, hes a cheesy crime boss, I need to believe that the man playing him can do stuff like quote anaxamander and speak dutch and spanish in king james verse. If bryan cranston or liam neeson wrrent memes they could do it, james cromwell maybe, daniel day lewis can do anything. You know pta should direct this with ddl as the judge ive solved it
>>
>>8002874
woah this is actually the person I had in mind for the Judge, get out of my head OP
>>
>>8003538
have you actually read the book?
>>
>>8003560
Have you? You should know that I did from my post
>>
It should have been a Coppola directed western with Marlon Brando as the Judge. Its too late now.
>>
>>8003563
none of those guys seem remotely similar to the guy described
>>
>>8002874
Cool casting, fucking terrible director. Someone stop him before he ruins another great work of literature.
Get John Hillcoat, Paul Thomas Anderson, Jeff Nichols, the fucking Coen Brothers to direct it, anyone but Franco.
>>
>>8002874
i don't mind when films veer drastically from character descriptions in novels. film is a different medium and i would rather a talented actor who doesn't share certain characteristics take the role than a half-talented one who does. Donofrio is hit and miss. he was fantastic in Full Metal Jacket but lackluster in just about everything else. i hope it's Crowe who plays the judge role. he can do some serious acting. however, the simple fact that Franco will be directing the film gives me little hope, if any, that it will be worth watching.
>>
>>8003586
They dont look like him but at least they can act. You can shave someones head and put makeup and other shit on, you cant teach someone how to be a good actor, at least that quickly. Pic related looks the part of an overgrown infant but I couldnt take him seriously as a demigod of perceptive human nature. His demeanour as the judge would come off as gratuitously petty with cheap grandeur.
>>
Thankfully this got canned because Franco couldn't get the rights to the story.
>>
>>8003597
Movies should come up with their own Damn stories. Movie adaptations are the worst.
They give plebs the false notion that they are literary because they know the bare bones of the story. The story becomes pop culture, the book drifts into history and eventually most people don't even remember the movie is based off a novel.
>>
>>8002874
No as its not in production.
>>
>>8003649
funny, you're right. the film has been canned. apparently Franco doesn't own or hasn't licensed the rights to the novel. wishful thinking on his part. this according to The Hollywood Reporter.
>>
the judge's face should never be shown
no one's face should be shown
nothing should be shown
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.