[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
wat
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: titus alone.jpg (278 KB, 350x537) Image search: [Google]
titus alone.jpg
278 KB, 350x537
wat
>>
I have the first in the series but haven't read it yet. Do you recommend it?
>>
>>8002679
>i have a book but i'm too lazy to read it, tell me to read it
>>
>>8002679
yes, they are all pretty good. Peake was clearly out of his box by Titus Alone though
>>
>>8002681
>i don't understand the problem of limited time with unlimited books
>>
>>8002686
the "problem" is solved by finding goals for your reading more productive than riding off the transference from other people's opinions
>>
>>8002692
I'm going to run with the theory that you already know that sentence doesn't make sense and you posted it to "meme" me. It is the only way to reconcile it with being posted on a /lit/ board.
>>
>>8002686
> I cannot do everything therefore I will do nothing
This is like a shitty proto ennui and is easily solved with better time management strategies. I suggest then Scrum by Sutherland. It's a good book and strategy if you have a backlog. You just have to get past Sutherland telling you if you stop using Scrum that your wife will leave you and all your cattle will die and basically you'll be Job from the bible because Scrum is God
>>
>>8002686
>i don't know how to make decisions by myself because i'm a brain dead retard, pls help me
>>
>>8002672
Ending of this hit me probably the hardest of any books when I was growing up. Every now and then I'd read that last paragraph just to feel my eyes tear up.
>>
>>8002883
>>8002692
>>8002890

people who don't have jobs.

the guy is just looking for a review. some of us don't have the time to throw 1-2 hours at a book for nothing.

/lit is the most reddit of all fucking 4chan boards
>>
>>8002913
I came in from my job like half an hour ago.

If you don't enjoy reading don't read
>>
>>8002679
Imagine a cross between Dracula, Joyce and a saga about a family. It's extremely well written with very beautiful prose.
>>
>>8002913
>tl;dr i don't like reading unless it's a pre-approved meme
>>
>>8002921
I'm a law student balls deep in finals with 80 books in my backlog. Free time is fleeting but I spend as much as I can reading. My bad for looking for a review of a book I was given as a gift.
>>
good thread /lit/
>>
>>8002684
What makes you say that? I'm picturing a Beckett like descent into The Unnamable but I didn't think Peake was that far out there as a writer.

>>8002928
Thanks. I'll probably try to get to it this summer.
>>
>>8002935
So manage your time better young one.

Don't take that as a "you should already know how to do this" but as a "this is something you can work on/learn", and there's no better time than now.
>>
>>8002955
He is the inventor of Steam Punk or whatever Punk it is because of Titus Alone.

I don't know if inventor is quite right but definitely one of the earliest examples.
>>
>>8002955
I mean he was losing his mind.
>>
>>8002955
He was quite literally suffering from the beginnings of dementia.
>>
>>8002935
>asking online strangers whether you should read a book you were given as a bleeding gift
Holy shit, anon. I was actually sympathetic until you went and let slip that you were worse than Hitler.
>>
>>8003154
My family passes out books like candy. Nobody worries about shit like that.
>>
He wants to be alone with tits and us.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.