[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is it as good as the movie? I loved when ever someone was narrating.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: 838099.jpg (33 KB, 311x475) Image search: [Google]
838099.jpg
33 KB, 311x475
is it as good as the movie?

I loved when ever someone was narrating. it sounded so beautiful.
>>
>>8000292
do you live in central New Jersey? just wondering
>>
>>8000296
no I live in Toronto. why. do I talk retarded?
>>
>>8000292
some of the plot points are the same
and character names
but any poetic nonsense is fortunately absent from the book
the book is notably superior to the flick
>>
>>8000716
i doubt it considering that malick is the greatest living filmmaker
>>
>>8000292
It was shit, truly.
>>
>>8000336

I thought trolls lived under bridges.
>>
>>8000742
>malick is the greatest living filmmaker

Malick wanted to film three hours of the wind blowing the grass but a bunch of World War II re-enactors came along and intruded and ruined his vision of the film.
>>
>>8000765

hi-fi high five friend. I giggled.
>>
File: toplel2.jpg (60 KB, 626x551) Image search: [Google]
toplel2.jpg
60 KB, 626x551
>>8000765
>>
>>8000716
oh man are you serious. no poetic bits? fuck I purchased this book for that alone. haha fail.
>>
book is literally a masterpiece. I've never read anything like it. blow by blow action packed narrative from multiple different characters during a heated battle. It's really amazing.
>>
>>8000336
>why. do I talk retarded?
no but because i live there and my buddy who posts here just watched the movie
>>
>>8000749
The butterfly guy hated it, so you know it's a fantastic book.
>>
>>8000986
I read from here to eternity and that was wicked too. I'll give this a spin next. just reading the sound and the fury. I wish it was poetic though.
>>
>>8000742
the movie was great. I think it should have won the academy award that year for best film, not saving private faggot. the last scene where he raises his rifle in slo mo
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.