[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there any reason to read this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2
File: pi.jpg (40 KB, 274x450) Image search: [Google]
pi.jpg
40 KB, 274x450
Is there any reason to read this?
>>
>>8000105
Not really.
>>
>>8000105
So you can form your own opinions and stop being a co-dependent pleb.
>>
i don't know, maybe if you want to read the life of pi there's a reason.
>>
It's a fun read
>>
I went to Trent and still have no desire to read it. It seems like one if those utterly banal novels, like the alchemist.
>>
>>8000143
lol trent
>>
The whole book is taking place on a boat. It's boring as fuck. The argument in the book that supposedly will make you a believer is the most retarded shit i've read.
>>
Its better than the film. The film is termite art. The book is full of ambiguity and adventure. The algae island is incredibly well written.

Go for it definitely.
>>
>>8000218
Yeah it's shit
>>
>>8000111
>society was a mistake
>>
>>8000105
It's a damn fine read, one that makes an atheist's argument for religion, a real demonstration of faith and worship.

>>8000233
And the boat is on the ocean, the ocean a part of the world, and the world a part of even something much greater than that.
>>
Like shoveling shit into your mouth? Go for it.
>>
Apparently it's plagiarized from something else.
>>
I read one of this guy's short stories. It was my least favourite thing I've ever read, except Spook Country.
>>
I liked it
/lit/ needs to realize that some books can be simpler reads and still have messages
>>
>>8000105
is there any reason to do anything, really?
>>
>>8000111
>>8000577
>>8000599
>>8000622
amen
>>
>>8000599

Catcher in the rye is simple, yet great. Martel's sledgehammer didacticism is counterproductive and tedius.
>>
>>8000657
wut
>>
>>8000660

The narrator's revelation of the animals' symbolism in the end is classic telling, not showing. It's bad writing plain and simple.
>>
>>8000105
lol gay boook XD XD XD
>>
>>8000105
My mom loves that book.
>>
>>8000689

She also loves my cock in her milky asshole.
>>
My cousin John Grene loves this book. So many feels and 3rd world ken.
>>
>>8000701
Rude, tbqhwyfam.
>>
File: smelly winston.jpg (987 KB, 1280x1479) Image search: [Google]
smelly winston.jpg
987 KB, 1280x1479
>>8000105
So you can understand how to get onto a bestseller list writing pseudo-deep YA fiction for people who think they're too smart to be religious but are too arrogant to make peace with the idea of there not being something big that cares about them.
>>
easily the greatest best book ever wroten. if you read it you believe in god, whether you believe in god or not.
>>
>>8000105

"Winner of the Man Booker Prize" sounds like the kind of thing someone would invent to put on their resume in a bad comedy.
>>
>>8000711
My Uncle Giovanni Verde said it was really deep, especially the part where he said all religions were the same so he practiced all of them.
>>
read it when I was younger and enjoyed it. not sure how i'd feel about it now
>>
i enjoyed it. asides from how you feel about the ending/meaning i very much enjoyed the practical survival aspects. it balanced a fantastical situation with pragmatic solutions well for me and was a lot of fun
>>
>>8001650
All the practical survival aspects are visited in a more interesting way (plus a lot more) in Kon Tiki. You'll probably like it if you enjoyed what little survival stuff was in Life of Pi.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.