[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are there standards of professionability for multiple exclamation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
Are there standards of professionability for multiple exclamation and interrogation marks? I expect many people will see no problem with '?!', but what about '?!?!?!' or even "!!!!' and '???'
>>
These days everyone uses the interrobang (‽) for their combined exclamatory and inquisitive punctuational needs. Get with the times.
>>
>>7999909
Why are you using exclamation points in a professional context anyway?
>>
>>7999909
Literally the only person to whom my communications ever include an exclamation point is my wife. That's a pretty good rule.
>>
>>7999973
You can have standards of professionability in writing fiction, you know.
>>
>>7999909
Only one question mark, only one exclamation mark. One is enough to get the point across. Needing more than one is a sign that your writing isn't able to convey the emotion, which is a sign of bad writing. You should be able to get the emotion across with only a question mark but if you cannot then an exclamation mark will do.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.