[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
can anyone reccomend me essays or books on the culture of or
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
can anyone reccomend me essays or books on the culture of or the effects of technology and the internet /social media age?

i really enjyoed parts of dfw's e unibus pluram analyzing the culture of the 1990's, the use of irony in popular culture, and the effects of television on the masses - but i'm interested in somehting more contemporary, and more pointedly critical. dfw's essay is pretty free form and its attention is divided between culture and US fiction

already read ellul and zerzan too
>>
I know a certain Byung-Chul Han has written some stuff related to this, but it might be crap.
>>
>>7999310
Deetz?
>>
>>7999918
full name?
>>
The Shallows by Nicholas Carr. It's journalistic, not properly academic, but I still found it a good read on the subject
>>
Evgeny Morozov
>>
>>7999310
It doesn't seem to be in English, only German.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.