[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mfw I update podcast addict this morning and kcrw bookworm h
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: Don-DeLillo-009.jpg (616 KB, 2060x1236) Image search: [Google]
Don-DeLillo-009.jpg
616 KB, 2060x1236
Mfw I update podcast addict this morning and kcrw bookworm has an interview with don delillo!

http://www.kcrw.com/news-culture/shows/bookworm/don-delillo-zero-k
>>
>interviewer's fucking voice

who allows this freak to keep working?
>>
>>7998956

What's wrong with his voice?
>>
>>7998929
Based bookworm. I love The interview with Gass.
>>7998956
No bullying.
>>
File: 808.jpg (11 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
808.jpg
11 KB, 200x200
>fukken cartoon radio voice
is this some kind of npr satire?
meanwhile delill sounds like a syrupy old new yorker as always
>>
>>7998929
>My books dont mean shit *AHEM* they start with a surreal image or a sentence *CLEARS THROAT* I masturbate and create sentences form the warm semen *COUGHS* I love paragraphs and words, dont take them too seriously iz just pranks *SMACKS LIPS*
>>
Silverblatt is a lot more listener-friendly now, he used to speak really softly and take....... twenty minutes...... to compose....... his sentences.
>>
>>7998956
>>7999094
wow I'd forgotten how shit his voice is
he sounds like a parody of a corpse
>>
>>7999132
I kek'd. Well done, anon
>>
>>7999400
DeLillo is actually one of my favorite American writers and I love his style, no matter how hamfisted it is. I'm jus havin a laff.
>>
>>7999494
how is Delillo hamfisted??
>>
>>7999848
Anyone who dares to broach philosophical themes walks the knuckles of the hamfist.
>>
>>7999875
maybe in our shitty reflective age of passive irony
>>
>>7998956
I think his voice is cute
>>
>>7999132
it always makes me laugh when delillo is treated as some academic postmodernist or political commentator

he has said time and time again he starts books from a sentence and makes it up as he goes, generally without approaching any one meaning or thesis

also a quote i've forgotten the exact words of, but he describes his audiance as some guy somewhere, basically saying he writes for the middlebrow joe blo (me)
>>
Has Zero K already been released? Has anyone here read it? Opinions?
>>
>>7998956
is it still based silverblatt? how can you dislike that guy?
>>
did you guys hear Zero K is gettin a tv show?
>>
>>8003130
he does drive in some themes that carry the plot and actions of the characters, but like you said, most of the content he makes up as he goes since he just reallu like witing beautiful sentences (which he does a lot).

>>8003146
It's out. I'm almost done with it. It's been great, but the pace and structure go all over the place towards the end. There are lots of his stylized monologues and alien characters but over all the writing and prose is good. the science fiction is not cheesy and is handled as a background.

>>8003195
FX got the rights but it's one of those you never know projects that will either get picked up or not. might not even reach a pilot.
>>
>>7999132
>inb4 donny d bowies on us
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.