[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I read the Decameron before the Canterbury Tales?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
Should I read the Decameron before the Canterbury Tales?
>>
>>7998847

Only if you want to. It's not necessary. If you get the Riverside (or any decent edition) of Chaucer, it'll explain his borrowings adequately well.
>>
>>7998882
I got me a spanish translation
>>
As the poster above said, you don't need to.

But you should because the Decameron is the tits
>>
>>7998896

If your English is decent you should try reading it in the original language, and using your Spanish translation as a support in case there's something you can't figure out. With time you'll get used to the Middle English and it'll become much less strange. It helps if you read it out loud, too. And if you can find an audio version by someone skilled with Middle English, so much the better. Here's what it should sound like: https://alanbaragona.wordpress.com/the-criyng-and-the-soun/the-canterbury-tales-general-prologue-ii-1-18/
>>
>>7998847
If you're a native English speaker, start with Chaucer. If not, it's your choice
>>
>>7998937
It doesn't though
>>
>>7998937

DELETE THIS
>>
Yeah
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.