[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Not sure why I am posting this here but /sci/ would probably
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: Deerfuker.png (107 KB, 1131x533) Image search: [Google]
Deerfuker.png
107 KB, 1131x533
Not sure why I am posting this here but /sci/ would probably instantly shun me for being an idiot for even considering this seriously and /biz/ will not know what the fuck I'm talking about.

You guys seem to be the only ones here who actually give Marx serious consideration.

How do you justify the labor theory of value? How do you solve the transformation problem?

Do people seriously believe the labor theory of value and the way Marx claimed surplus is distributed among capitalists to get at price is actually true?

Pic related, a simple example from wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transformation_problem
>>
Sam Harris
>>
>>7998335
Are these formulas actually useful and applicable? Can someone please explain the merits of economics for me
>>
communism is a spook
>>
>>7998335
If only there was a board for historical analysis and the humanities...
>>
start with the greeks
>>
>>7998335
What you ask is pure ideology, my god.
>>
>>7998362
This
>>
>>7998394
Useful, no.

>Can someone please explain the merits of economics for me

It is useful for policy makers.
>>
>>7998396

There is. Albeit, it's not located on 4chan.

Rumor has it 4chan is trying to launch such, but it takes a long time to cultivate a sufficiently useful user base. The time when one could throw up a new board only to walk away and call it a day, and watch it take off, is long gone.
>>
>>7998428
>It is useful for policy makers
That's a piss poor answer m8.

Bidnis 101: it also has predictive value, to some degree because it's predictive (or allegedly so) it can be used to raise money and justify your company's position in the marketplace, if your company is big or influential enough you can actually affect the economic climate around it. I'm sure there's other shit.

Policy can have all sorts of crazy shit happen and be trash but still work because the citizenry as a whole have a vested interest in it working regardless.
>>
>>7998548
>Bidnis 101: it also has predictive value, to some degree because it's predictive (or allegedly so)

I work in Big Data son, what we do in my country is meh'.

I mean, we never even know if the guys up in the meeting room are even going to do shit with our regression results.

But oh well, I get paid, some of my colleagues are boring enough to actually care about their corporate job so they find it slightly dissatisfying. For me though?

I get to make some money, work decent hours and come home to read Marx or some philisophy.

More OT:

>>7998428
Marxian economics is heterodox and barely taking seriously nowadays.

Most Marxian movements center around the more humanistic bits about Marxism and tend to gloss over or downright ignore the labor theory of value bit, the project for many Marxians has become "we liked what this guy said, how do we take what we want and give the labor theory of value the finger?"

The answer is usually saying "the bourgeois imperialist state has advanced to such an unpredictable degree that Marx's claims are not applicable anymore".
>>
>>7998561
>taking
taken*
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.