[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone ever read Pope Benedict's writings? He's pr
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 178
Thread images: 11
File: benedict incense.jpg (26 KB, 400x297) Image search: [Google]
benedict incense.jpg
26 KB, 400x297
Anyone ever read Pope Benedict's writings? He's pretty prolific and a good writer.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pope_Benedict_XVI_bibliography
>>
I'm not really into Catholicism.

It's just not my thing.
>>
>>7996609
well, alright friend
>>
More like Poop Bend a dick
>>
Poop Bendydick
>>
I like where this thread is going.
>>
>>7996605
Very sad, one of few good christians finding himself trapped deep within the bowels of the bloated old whore.
>>
File: atheists.jpg (92 KB, 900x855) Image search: [Google]
atheists.jpg
92 KB, 900x855
>>7996609
this is you
>>
>>7996609
edgy
>>
>>7996635
*tips protestant fedora*
>>
>>7996609
If you refute the entire works of one man due to ad hominem then you will always be plebeian my dear friend.
>>
>>7996657
Like the Quran?
>>
>>7996651
I'm not a protestant.

A lot of those are practicing magic and are in communion with evil spirits, others are just confused.
>>
>>7996663
Everyone thinks that they, themselves, are correct.

What could this mean?
>>
>>7996657
Can you please stop posting under my alias.

Why would I ever stick up for that dreadful lie of a religion.
>>
>>7996667
Well obviously someone must be, must they not? I don't see how you could possibly be a member of your church if you didn't believe its teachings.
>>
>>7996682
Everyone of every member of anything believes its teachings.

The answer is obvious.
>>
>>7996687
Most of them are mislead by evil spirits. Just because you splintered off it does not mean you werent mislead. This is plain as day reading the NT.
>>
I read two of his Instructions authored as prefect for the CDF (aka Inquisition).

They were very well argued pieces that, after letting them stew, dramatically affected my sense of the issues they discussed. Incidentally these were also my first introduction to a Christian theological interpretation of modernity, which I've since encountered elsewhere and in other religions, but which I always find vastly interesting.
>>
>>7996691
Why do you think that nobody else can reply to you other than the same guy?
>>
>>7996673
I've secured my name. Hopefully that stops the shitposts
>>
>>7996707
I'm addressing the argument, it does not matter who posited it.
>>
>>7996657
>>7996673
>>
>>7996673
>lie
why don't you go back to tumblr?
>>
>>7996719
Yes, you're stuck back many posts ago.

You're unable to go with the changing flow that anonymous posting allows.

Religious "thinking" can shut down critical thinking, because it feels better. That way you can blindly shout Charlie Sheen's, "Winning!" over and over.
>>
Catholicism makes me nauseous. I can't help how I feel. I was never Catholic, but my parents were married by one and I had a relationship with him.

I just don't think everybody has to be Catholic. The reason it is illogical to think so is it will never happen.
>>
>>7996727
are you claiming Christianity is true?
>>
>>7996732
None of the "arguments" made towards me stumped me in any way.

And of course, I cannot argue like a materialist when I obviously am not one, that comes with the territory.
>>
>>7996605
No. But, tbqh, I want to. I heard he's more of the Analytical Scholastic type, and I kinda like that.
>>
>>7996756
It isn't all about you.
>>
>>7996637
It's the same back and forth, m8. I'm an atheist and I've used that.
>>
>>7996637
>>7996826
Besides, atheism is a lack of belief
>>
>>7996826
Why argue? For funzies?

>>7996831
It's believing in no beliefs.
>>
>>7996831

Only per conflation of two rather different definitions of belief... surely you're not serious?
>>
>>7996840
>religious person
>not serious

surely you're not serious
>>
Benedict is too intelligent for /lit/, OP. You're wasting your time.

He'll be a Doctor of the Church a few decades after he dies.
>>
>>7996849
Why is he wasting his time if you're here?
>>
>>7996863
I love Benedict to death, and want to read him, but unfortunately I have yet to do so.

Actually, I might as well ask this thread since it's up. Where to start with Benedict/Ratzinger?
>>
>>7996875
>an atheist helps a believer

It's a miracle.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTy74tstRAE
>>
>>7996833
>It's believing in no beliefs.
That makes no fucking sense

>>7996840
Toats srius
>>
>>7996893
Do Catholics curse?
>>
>>7996903
I'm an athiest. Remember, I believe in no beliefs. Just like Anon said.
>>
>>7996621
Poop Bendyrdick
>>
>>7996903
Technically the only thing we're not supposed to do is "take the LORD'S name in vain." So 'fuck' and 'shit' are actually fine since they're only curse words out of convention. Ironically, 'goddamn,' one of the most innocuous of curse words, is probably the worst possible thing to say.
>>
>>7996637
edgy
>>
>>7996912
It's pronounced "Benadryl", fuccboi
>>
>>7996914
It's okay to type, "GODDAMNIT," though?
>>
You're tossing pearls to swine. OP.
>>
>>7996919
No.
>>
Isn't true Catholicism outside and beyond the human range of pleb to patrician?
>>
>>7996831
>Besides, atheism is a lack of belief
Except it isn't since atheism requires belief in other things to give itself support
>>
>>7996937
>oh look it's this old convo for the millionth time again

no, not the anon you just responded to. just noting the obvious.
>>
>>7996831
>atheism is a lack of belief
this is true as far as it goes—but all the outward behavior we associate with "atheism", and many of the things which atheists believe that we think of as characteristically atheist ideas, are not a "lack" of a belief.

Most atheists believe that all theists are wrong, for example. This is not the same as an absence of the belief that they are right.

Also, a lot of atheists are in the habit of saying things like "There is no God". Not the brightest of atheists, and I won't let that reflect on atheism in general—but there are a lot of them.
>>
>>7997150
Belief in gods is a pretty clear indication that you are a moron.
>>
>>7996934
The Church is partly mundane and boring (and occasionally pedophilic) and partly luminous and transcendent. It's both earthly and heavenly. In this way it mirrors Christ, who was both fully human and fully divine, and of course this makes perfect sense because the Church, after all, is the mystical Body of Christ.

So on one level it can be both pleb and patrician, and on another level it does indeed transcend the whole spectrum.
>>
>>7997190
I see how the pedos are justified.
>>
>>7997172
We can't know is the thing, arguably the world is entirely made up of providence and the fact that water would become the foundation for life is a choice a maker decided on among the multitude of elements available.
I'm actually quite ignorant though on the sciences and the chemistry between the elements though, but would it not be possible for the evolutionary chain to have developed based on other reactions than the ones we live off of today?
>>
>>7997333
>We can't know is the thing
I think we can be pretty sure than all the major religions are 100% false.
>>
>>7996605
Jesus Christ do fedoras shit up a perfectly good thread with their garbage, not a single good post in 60, butterfly you useless pointless existence should fuck off to somewhere else and spread your nauseating stupidity there.

Now for the actual fucking thread which was about the writings of a pope and not your dislike of Catholicism or protestant nonsense or shitposting, yes he is a very good author. Someone mentioned he was an analytical thomist, which isn't true. He's a theologian and not a philosopher, they do intertwine of course, but ontology or epistemology or ethics weren't his primary focus.
He wrote around 80 books, of which I've read 6.
Salt of Earth is an interview with him in which you get a glimpse into him, events in the Church and general theology. It was a very good read and he had a fascinating life. He talks about who he read, I was surprised, but he spent years researching Heidegger.
As a theologian, he's an augustinian so while he does argument things in a highly intellectual way it's still very warm to the human spirit.
Europe is his book on current tides in well Europe and how it developed and why it will crumble in what seems our lifetime.
Jesus of Nazareth trilogy is some of the best theology I've read, it's, as stated before, warm and easy to read, but parallel to it supremely insightful into workings of the Bible, person of Christ and a lot of other personal musings. One should start with this one.
>>
>>7996934
Yes, it features such a rich tradition in which my illiterate grandma and pope Benedict can stand side by side in mass and pray and experience the same faith in the Eucharist.
The problem arises when stupid people think themselves to too smart and reject the teaching because they are too stupid to understand it and smart people too vain to accept that there are things greater than their mind (Belloc makes a compelling argument in the Great Heresies for this. Every heresy is a redaction of a mystery).
>>
File: John_C_Wright.jpg (68 KB, 198x320) Image search: [Google]
John_C_Wright.jpg
68 KB, 198x320
>>7997356
>Jesus Christ do fedoras shit up a perfectly good thread with their garbage
Christians are the ultimate fedoras.
>>
>>7997362
John C Wright is a pretty solid writer
>>
>>7997356
>Starts up taking the Lord's name in vain.

kek
>>
>>7997200
By faith alone
>>
>>7997362
>not understanding the fedora meme 3 years after the fact
>being this new to 4chan
>being this behind on memes
Holy fuck, even reddit knows the fedora meme. Are you like an imgur or facebook poster? Wow.
>>
I like his General Audiences on the Lives of the Saints.

https://catechesisofthepopes.wordpress.com/major-themes/the-lives-of-the-saints/audiences/
>>
>>7997739
I don't know what to read from him next, been meaning to get back into him since I got a Kobo
>>
>>7996637
>>7996831
>>7997338
>>7997172
100% Nonsense
>>
>>7996637
>help, I don't understand how the scientific method works
>>
>>7996673
This is what you get for being tripfag scum.
>>
>>7996605
>Read him before he became a Pope.
>Thought he was pretty smart
>Still refered to him as Ratzinger when he was a Pope
>>
>>7998087
Hi Popper
>>
>>7998093
Hi mom
>>
>>7996605
Sedecavanists accuse him of heresy, is there any truth to that?
>>
>>7996833
semantics
>>
>>7997356
>Heidegger
>Augustinian
cool, I had no idea. maybe I'll read some of his books.

in my super liberal world religions textbook, when they introduce Ratzinger they make a point to mention that the CDF is the successor to the Inquisition lol
>>
>>7998164
>when they introduce Ratzinger they make a point to mention that the CDF is the successor to the Inquisition lol
It isn't a successor, it is the literal inquisition
SSPX accuse him of heresy, but really I don't know of a single theologian who was 100% completely orthodox in everything.
>>
>>7996743
many are called and few are chosen
besides over a billion baptised members isn't bad
>>
>>7998209
It's a matter of how you interpret the no salva extra ecclesia dogma.
Vatican ii made it include other Christian denominations and Aquinas from before had the natural law for those who don't know enough about Catholicism.
>>
>>7997333
>I'm actually quite ignorant though on the sciences and the chemistry between the elements though, but would it not be possible for the evolutionary chain to have developed based on other reactions than the ones we live off of today?
Yes, and it likely has on other planets, but in our Goldilock zone the circumstances happened to be the most supportive for life the way we know it. (Most life forms in the universe however will likely be based on hydrogen due to the overabundance of that stuff everywhere.)

It is called the anthropic principle: we experience the things the way they are because the way things are is what caused us to exist. Other possibilities exist, but those other circumstances just happen to not result in us observing them.
>>
File: Jesus_of_Nazareth_Book_1.jpg (85 KB, 288x436) Image search: [Google]
Jesus_of_Nazareth_Book_1.jpg
85 KB, 288x436
Essential Ratzinger core
>>
>>7998253
I read the first two, will read the 3rd soon, any other recs? Something more hardcore if he has it.
>>
can i be a true christian without being a member of any church
>>
>>7998209
>many are called and few are chosen

Did you know this saying originated as an Eleusian/ Dionysian cult mantra?

>>7996605

Pope Benedict was always engaged in the European Philosophical scene, particularly in the time between WW2 and his ascendance to popedom. The real question is whether or not he was actually interested in philosophy, or was hunting down wizards for the inquisition.
>>
>>7998296
No, because mass is a strict law.
>>
>>7998308
>Did you know this saying originated as an Eleusian/ Dionysian cult mantra?
Source? Strange thing for Jesus to quote.
>>
>>7998316
Plato quotes in Phaedo 69c. Also, not to be insensitive to anyone's religious beliefs, but it really is not all that strange. Jesus is basically Dionysus 2.0 , less naturalistic, which I like on a moral level, promotes the worship of much more advanced and beneficial things across all levels, and just a way better guy all around.

>>7997356
>he spent years researching Heidegger.

Wizard hunter confirmed.
>>
>>7997356
Thank you for being the only sane person in this thread. It is either zealots or "muh science" retards.
He is also held in a very high esteem by Habermas.
Like they ask in /fit/ but with lifting, do people here even read?
>>
>>7997648
That's beautiful.
>>
>>7998370
Why do you imply yourself as insane?
>>
>>7998373
I didn't, because up to that point I had posted nothing. Therefore, I couldn't be one sane person in the thread, as I wasn't there yet and my post was referring to some point in time before itself.
>>
>>7998209
Here's another one:

To make an omelette you have to break a few eggs.
>>
>>7998380
You were here, though.

We felt your presence.
>>
File: 1445158396082.gif (112 KB, 255x231) Image search: [Google]
1445158396082.gif
112 KB, 255x231
>>7998384
This... is actually fair.
>>
I work in political Science, and as some of you might know, that means I am in contact with a lot of Jesuits, who I always find to be pleasant and knowledgeable , and amateur theologians,

Does anyone here know the political involvement of the CDF? I was reading their "Instruction"s, and I found some pretty disturbing and destructive political rhetoric. I am curious as to the nature of the texts.
>>
>>7998400
Cdf as in inquisitors? They hold very little power now and don't even excommunicate.
>>
>>7998450
Yes CDF, the artists formerly known as the inquisition. I am not worried about their power to excommunicate. What does concern me is it sounds like they may potentially dictate the doctrinal party line of the Church.

The Instruction are full of nasty stuff meant to get disenfranchised third world dummies riled up.
>>
>>7996662
The Quran wasn't a man-made writing, it was spoken by God and recorded by mankind.
>>
>>7996673
am fget
>>
>>7998141
Sedevavanists are literally the inbred hillbillies of the Church. Their opinion is often wrong and greatly so.
>>
>>7998777
Sedecavanists, excuse me
>>
>>7998483
It's doing it's job. Dictate of doctrine is literally why they were founded.
>>7998777
I know, but the worrisome thing is that their arguments make all too much sense.
>>
>>7998400
You do realize that the Church's view of politics, and their plans for the world at large, might not necessarily align with the views you have as a secular humanistic scholar in a liberal democracy, right?
>>
>>7998870
Of course they don't. If they did align the Church would have no reason to exist.
>>
Michael Caine on Lent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TnKpawaRY4
>>
>>7998878
Well, I'm just saying, no shit you think the Inquisition's ideas are 'destructive.' They're meant to be destructive to the world as it's currently constituted.

As for their influence, I'd say it's considerable. They are charged with the defense of the faith, after all. Francis moderates them somewhat, but he's only one pope. They'll be around when he's gone, and the next pope has a decent chance of being more conservative/traditional than Francis due to the way John Paul II and Benedict packed the College of Cardinals.
>>
>>7998886
Sorry, I actually high-jacked the "convo."

You're responding to an earlier post and repeating yourself.

Catch up.
>>
>>7998886
The college is quite liberal and here bishops have no idea where the world is going and what they should be doing. We used bled for centuries to Muslims invasions and now they are just blindly parroting Francis in the le mercy memes.
>>
>>7998917
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lu3VTngm1F0
>>
>>7998919
Unavailable here
>>
>>7998921
Good.
>>
>>7996621
This reminds me of the time my friend in euro history class called Pope Boniface "pope bonerface"
>>
>>7998958
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeTa7YYkMcE
>>
>>7998917
Why is everyone butthurt about Francis, anyway? I'm a traditionalist Catholic and I love him. The biggest thing he's done that I haven't liked is his 'pastoral' change on divorced Catholics, and I'm not even sure that's ultimately a bad thing. Even if it is, it's not a doctrinal change, and so it's completely capable of being changed again by another pope.

What I really love that he's done is sort of subtly resurrect the "seamless garment" idea of Catholic moral teaching. He hasn't given any ground at all on abortion or contraception, but he's also reminded us that we're meant to oppose the death penalty and war and harmful economic policies as well. It's all of a piece.

I think a lot of the conservatives that are butthurt about him are more concerned with being politically conservative than being authentically Catholic.
>>
>>7999097
>everyone
>>
>>7999097
>Why is everyone butthurt about Francis, anyway?
Aside the populist, vague new agey approach, the love the media have for him (which considering who they are and what they stand for is very wrong), the statements such as those where he champoins an italian woman who claims to have done over 10000 abortions, the relationship he has with the german cardinals who normally talk of all the progressive garbage as being positive things the latest encyclical where he opens (and confirmed that it was his intention) to communion for people in mortal sin (which is completey contradictiory to the entire tradition)?
Dunno.
> Even if it is, it's not a doctrinal change
It is his intention to make it so, just in small steps using vague language. Also it certainly will lead to people taking communion and priests giving it to those in mortal sin which is the literal reason for eternal damnation. Check out the interviews with Kasper http://www.onepeterfive.com/kasper-pope-intends-not-to-preserve-everything-as-it-has-been/
Everything Kasper stands for is basically open heresy. It denies the eternal law of god and makes it seem as if it were something relative and depending on the case.
>ut he's also reminded us that we're meant to oppose the death penalty
We aren't. Death penalty is perfectly justifiable in the teaching.
"Therefore if a man be dangerous and infectious to the community, on account of some sin, it is praiseworthy and advantageous that he be killed in order to safeguard the common good . . . . ST IIa-IIae, q. 64, a. 2.

It is permissible to kill a criminal if this is necessary for the welfare of the whole community. However, this right belongs only to the one entrusted with the care of the whole community -- just as a doctor may cut off an infected limb, since he has been entrusted with the care of the health of the whole body. ST IIa-IIae, q. 64, a. 3."
War is also not inherently evil, and there are open movements that want to redact the doctrine of just war.
Catholics and popes have been opposing capitalism and communism for over a century.
>>
>>7999134
>It is his intention to make it so, just in small steps using vague language.

But he can't and won't. The Synod was Kasper's last shot and he came up short. He'll die soon enough, fortunately, and all the Vatican II Cardinals will go soon after.

As I said, it's a pastoral change, not a doctrinal one, and I don't anticipate it being more than that. The Church endures.
>>
>>7999157
Everything endures--all mindsets.
>>
>>7998870
You missed the part where I said was surrounded by Jesuits all day didnt you? Heck, I've worked with some of the guys associated with the past few encyclicals. I'm no secular humanist, I am just also not a member of the clergy.

>>7998886
When I say destructive I'm not talking about moral or social issues. I also would not hold the position I do if I was not largely appreciate of how the church ran things, and the major problems their fall from power created.

An example of what I mean by destructive is when I read that given the advances in science and technology, the western world could easily give everyone basic goods and services if they wanted, but they don't. Maybe this is true, maybe it isn't. Given the way the Church thinks it could easily be a statement of the west could if the really wanted to and followed Catholic social doctrine or whatever.

However, it was was enough for me to come here and try and figure out the nature and function of the Instruction texts. If it is just the internal view of the Church, I don't mind,in fact, I can see what they are getting at, but it is a pretty stupid thing to preach to disenfranchised and frustrated third worlders. It wouldnt drive people to the Church, it would send them to groups likes ISIS and Boko Haram. Completely out of character for them to be so short sited
>>
>>7999173
>some of my best friends are Jesuits
>>
>>7999157
The question is, how will the new generation fare? Were they raised on Kung and Rahner or Aquinas and Augustine?
The "pastoral" approach considers Aquinas too cold for them.
I mean, I wish I could see some good things in Francis, but honestly I can't even justify his words as even vaguely orthodox.
>>
>>7999178
Notice how I came here instead of asking them? Yeah, we're best friends. Jesuits are naturally pretty open and friendly guys, and they certain would consider my questions about documents not intended for me as unfriendly to the Church.
>>
>>7999208
Holy shit your English is bad.
>>
>>7999210
Yes. Any insight on the Instruction texts, or did you just want to let me know that I am prone to typos when not speaking in my native tongue?
>>
>>7999225
"Typos" isn't an excuse.

The whole medium here is English, save for specific-language threads. Expect problems for yourself.
>>
>>7999238
You're right, I should double check what I write before I hit post. While I doubt my shitposting about the Jesuits is worthy of elucidation, could you tell me what was unclear in what I wrote so that I may clarify for you?

Laudetur Jesus Christus
>>
>>7999268
It's clear what you wrote, it's just not worth the energy to decipher what you wrote.

Just as you decided to not put energy into your grammar, I decided not to give you any more effort than you gave.

It's fair.
>>
>>7999302
Thank you for treating me with equity. Now that I am seeing how virtuous and noble you are, I have to ask, have you ever considered joining the O.C.S.O.:? How do you feel about the encyclical on the environment and our shared world? You would really be doing God's will.
>>
>>7999332
I don't think there is a universal way to do God's will.

But, to answer your question: No, I haven't considered joining a group called the O.C.S.O.

And, I have not read the encyclical so I have no response about it.
>>
>>7999345
It is the fancy name for the trappists, I was telling you to stfu.
>>
>>7999349
They made some amazing cheese.
>>
>>7999362
They make beer now, so good news is I think you can drink.
>>
>>7998079
Agreed.
>>
>>7999364
You mean Le Trappe? It's pretty good, but I prefer some heretic beer to it.
>>
>>7996893
>That makes no fucking sense
Geeze

read more
>>
>>7997172
Exactly. Monotheism 4lyfe!
>>
>>7997172
>>7999395

I would rather be an idiot with God than without.
>>
>>7999404
Clearly you're an idiot either way.
>>
>>7999349
How virtuous of you.
>>
>>7999411
Score!
>>
>>7999434
You're the one who missed the gods/monotheism joke. I wasn't trying to burn you, only pointing out the obvious.
>>
>>7999447
I don't think there will ever be a day when anons know that a different poster can respond to them.

Actually, it's pretty easy to spot if you haven't shut down your thinking and are holding to the same thought you posted awhile back and can't "refresh" your brain--but, small minds get to post here, too, I guess.

Actually, that, the Score! was me jumping in to agree with you. Most lurkers know this and now know that you're an idiot, too.

It's not just limited to the people in the pews.
>>
>>7999447
The guy who you called an idiot,who is me, and not this other guy, was hoping to set up someone to call everyone in this thread an idiot, but hey close enough.

>>7999428
I actually think cleverness might be a virtue. I would have gotten away with it if I hadn't said anything.
>>
>>7999480
>>7999475
Score!
>>
>>7999480
Your definition of "cleverness" is very soft.
>>
>>7999501
I am not sure which world you live in, but calling yourself clever, which would only be a virtue for those pesky ancient greek heretics, is neither a serious attempt at proving your own virtue or cleverness.
>>
>>7999513
How very clever of you.

Repetition is also a virtue. A base component of religious rituals.
>>
File: when the pawn ....jpg (32 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
when the pawn ....jpg
32 KB, 500x500
An example of stupid "cleverness." (ie, sad irony)
>>
File: Pope John Paul II In Prayer.jpg (75 KB, 999x1399) Image search: [Google]
Pope John Paul II In Prayer.jpg
75 KB, 999x1399
>>7999199
They were raised on John Paul the Great. They came of age and joined the clergy during his papacy. We'll be fine.
>>
>>7999658
The new Pope is really for the millennial generation, isn't he.
>>
>>7999663
I suppose, although I've read more than a few stories about how Millennials, when they do become Catholics, are pretty Traditional. There's actually a little Catholic student center attached to my city's university, and it's VERY Traditional. There are even female students there, girls in their late teens and early twenties, that cover their heads during Mass.
>>
>>7999679
Convert are almost always more hardcore and knowledge than us born into it.
>>
>>7999683
rebelling is powerful, whether converting to or disaffecting from
>>
>>7996875

Why do you love a pedophile?
>>
No thanks, I'm not a fedora tipping nerd loser.
>>
>>7999757
I think you might be.
>>
>>7999757
It's nice because you have immediate elevation from saying, "I'm not them."
>>
>>7999779
Really? I read a touch of profound sadness and suffering. I think it is just someone with a homeless spirit reaching out for the comfort and sanctuary that only our lord and savior can provide.
>>
>>7999788
That is the song that every religious group sings.
>>
>>7999538
Donn't touch my waifu
>>
>>7999683
We can learn from them. Would that we cradle Catholics had half their zeal.
>>
>>7996697
Which instructions?
I'm interested
>>
Seeing as this threads about the pope could any catholics answer one question?
Would I be able to attend mass wearing casual clothes?
I'm a poor student with nothing but jeans, t-shirts and hoodies but I'm afraid they'll kick me out. Any opinions? Also I haven't been baptised nor christened.
>>
>>8001811
>Would I be able to attend mass wearing casual clothes?
Yes, it's a problem only if you are indecent or have an ungodly smell or something extreme.
>I'm a poor student with nothing but jeans, t-shirts and hoodies but I'm afraid they'll kick me out. Any opinions?
They don't do anything to women who dress like prostitutes outside an awkward talk, and often not even that.
>Also I haven't been baptised nor christened.
You can attend mass, but cannot take communion. You should also see a priest about that.
>>
File: M'EcumenicalCouncil.jpg (57 KB, 484x404) Image search: [Google]
M'EcumenicalCouncil.jpg
57 KB, 484x404
>>7997362
>>
Okay, who let you 'tards debate religion?

Get your grubby mitts off it, all of you.

No, I don't care what you were trying to do with it, it goes back in the box.

You're all dirtying it with your revolting tacky baby hands and sticky dribble.
>>
>>7998296
same here i'm trying to be christian (i live in a roman catholic country) but i don't know what church i feel more close to my beliefs
>>
>>8003408
Read books son, and since this is a Ratzinger thread starting with him would not be a bad idea.
>>
File: image.png (134 KB, 960x776) Image search: [Google]
image.png
134 KB, 960x776
>>7996673
I miss old butterz
>>
>>8003522
She's always been a moronic fedora tipper
>>
File: 34535345.jpg (19 KB, 575x748) Image search: [Google]
34535345.jpg
19 KB, 575x748
>>8003522
Im confused at what is even happening right now. She stop posting for a while only coming back rarely. Did she start posting again? Its hard to tell because of how many people are posting under the symbol.
>>
>>7998985
why she do this?
>>
>>7999538
Can you explain this?
>>
>>8000364
>We can learn from them. Would that we cradle Catholics had half their zeal.

You literally cannot until unless you genuinely leave the church and event that is a stretch.
>>
>>8001805

Instruction on Christian Freedom and Liberation
Instruction on certain aspects of the theology of liberation

both available on online
>>
>>7996743
So you're vaguely connected to "some guy" who was Catholic and you take that experience as being representative of a 2000 year old organization that informed the most fundamental aspects of billions of lives? That's amazing! You must be the greatest genius who's ever lived if you can do that!
>>
>>8004790
I'm not even sure I understand the scenario. Did he fuck a priest?
Thread replies: 178
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.