[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi /lit/ Would you pay 5000$ to convert your novel to VR-Bo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
Hi /lit/

Would you pay 5000$ to convert your novel to VR-Book for Oculus Rift and HTC Vive? It'd be sold on Steam you you'd get 70% from revenue, after Valve's cut; or a website like Amazon.
Like this: http://store.steampowered.com/app/457660/
>>
>>7996477
No, I don't want light from pixels beaming an inch from my fucking eyes for hours on end.
>>
>>7996477
>spend $5000
>only ~120 people or so purchase it (being really generous to myself here)
>reviews lean towards negative and mixed because everyone feels like its a gimmick
>my writing isn't and never will be appreciated / given any serious though
>purchases halt
>everyone realizes book vr was a shit idea in general
Nah
>>
Hi, what is the point of a vr book?
>>
>>7996477
I'd just wait and see if it got popular enough to justify 5k
>>
>>7996523
you read a book in VR environments from the book
>>
>>7996907
Why not have audiobook vr then?
That way you can listen and look around, perhaps even interact on a basic level with some things or environments, instead of looking at a virtual book.
>>
>>7996920
it's audiobook as well, forgot to mention
>>
This technology seems promising, but I think I'll hold off until they somehow manage to completely eliminate the reader's imagination from the process of reading altogether.
>>
>>7996477
sounds like a fucking scam to me.
>>
>>7996477
another trendy shit. Will die out soon with neck pain.
>>
Hi /lit/, would you pay 5000$ for a limited run, artist edition of your novel?
>>
VR Moby Dick
>walk around ship doing menial tasks while Ishmael follows you, shoving pictures of whales in your face, freaking out over 2000 year old stories that use the word whale, and having an absolute shit fit about misrepresentations of whales and whaling equipment in literature, until he's literally screaming in your face like you did something wrong.
>NO HONOR IN WHALING!?
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.