[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>born in 1992 >already interviewed by the paris review
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 6
File: edouardlouis2.jpg (34 KB, 616x380) Image search: [Google]
edouardlouis2.jpg
34 KB, 616x380
>born in 1992
>already interviewed by the paris review

so when do we all start killing ourselves?

http://www.theparisreview.org/blog/2016/05/03/the-state-of-the-political-novel-an-interview-with-edouard-louis/
>>
Looks like a saucy twink. I bet if you placed your warm palm on his bare chest and pushed him backward onto your bed, he'd press back at first, fighting you a little, staring into your eyes half-curiously, but then when you ran your fingertips down his stomach slipped them beneath his belt, he'd do whatever you want.
>>
>>7996442
Go on.
>>
File: 1402868059447.jpg (23 KB, 258x269) Image search: [Google]
1402868059447.jpg
23 KB, 258x269
>tfw gotten a few short stories published but nothing else

This just makes me want to work harder. I'm not going to let this little twink beat me.
>>
>>7996426

I haven't read his work and he might honestly be that good, but these days it's a safer bet to assume that he is merely being groomed to better market.

I'd love to be wrong, though.
>>
File: 1442016015865.jpg (112 KB, 658x700) Image search: [Google]
1442016015865.jpg
112 KB, 658x700
>>7996442
Sounds like the beginning of a great novella.
>>
Sounds like some work of literary wankery made for academics. Not my cup of tea but I respect it, probably a really smart guy.

https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Histoire_de_la_violence
>>
>>7996442
... Yes...
>>7996426
Soon
>>
>>7996466
>Après la parution du livre, les thématiques qu'il aborde valent à Édouard Louis de recevoir en mars 2014 le prix Pierre Guénin contre l'homophobie et pour l’égalité des droits : le communiqué de l'association SOS Homophobie constate qu'« Édouard Louis permet de prendre conscience de l’imprégnation de l’homophobie dans le quotidien des personnes LGBT »

le dropped
>>
didn't some frenchy post here asking for advice regarding sacrificing his artistic interest for commercial success regarding a novel he was going to publish? he claimed he was being groomed by the french publishing to be the next big thing, his post were really intense for 4chan standards and i kinda reminded of how he answered the questions. but i believe he said his novel was going to be the melancholy of the defective pixel or something along those lines? could have changed it i suppose.
>>
>>7996473
Who is this butterfly faggot and why do they constantly shit post?
>>
>>7996426
I was born in 95 so I'm not killing myself yet. You also have to remember that many great authors didn't release works until their early 30s or late 40s.
>>
>>7996479

some capricious little dickhead who is pretending to be a name poster who used to lurk here

the old butterfly must have riled the absolute fuck out of him because he still can't let go of whatever gripe he has
>>
Also he mainly writes about sociology, it doesn't really seem like people here seem too interested in, even if it is the direction of new lit (it probably is).

>>7996476
Idk this guy has been published for two years now.
>>
>>7996499
>whiteknighting for an ancient tripfagging tranny from before /lit/ was good

are you hoping she'll e-sit on your e-face from beyond the grave?
>>
File: CMPFwOJVAAAUBW3.jpg (39 KB, 447x653) Image search: [Google]
CMPFwOJVAAAUBW3.jpg
39 KB, 447x653
>intentionally publishing your work during your lifetime
>>
File: 1456283149080.jpg (262 KB, 950x758) Image search: [Google]
1456283149080.jpg
262 KB, 950x758
>>7996476

>he claimed he was being groomed by the french publishing to be the next big thing

Reading through the interview it really does seem suspect. It is hitting every note in the current political climate almost too perfectly.

I rekon we got us another bougie conspirator, lads.
>>
>>7996515
Gassposters OUT
>>
>>7996502

>>whiteknighting

lol she was annoying and had the personality of a potato i actively called her out when she posted i never tried to whiteknight that bore.

whatever she did to prolapse that anon into this constant fuckery i think it's time for bruv to finally let it go.
>>
>A homosexual, Marxist, anti-Le Pen Frenchman is being feted by the literary establishment
Damn. He must have some real talent.
>>
>>7996500
well the guy never claimed it was his first novel, but the sociological phrasings he adopts seem sort of similar to the working title of the melancholy of the defective pixel

i.e.

>Mixed in with the details of the violence you suffered and how you discovered your sexuality, there are chapters with analytical titles like “The Norms of Masculinity”—here the book sounds almost like a sociological survey.

i'm just intrigued if the new gen of novelists will actually be familiar with /lit/. i don't have anything against the guy desu
>>
>>7996532
>some real talent
at suckin DIッK right guize?
>>
>>7996532
le pen isnt even openly anti-gay. her niece and her party might be, but shes been extremely supportive of florian. she also didnt go to any of those anti-gay marriage rallies.
>>
>>7996442
Interesting that my first thought was how uncharacteristically twink-mode he is for a literally type. Then again he's a millenial, and I am a faggit who would notice these things.
>>
Oh great. Another author for /lit/ to get a boner over.
>>
>>7996484
Name five. Protip: you can't. 25 is the cutoff for literary greatness.
>>
>>7996473

>l’imprégnation de l’homophobie

Uhh.... no thanks.
>>
>>7996426
You guys can't worry about the age at which you accomplish things, or else it'll drive you crazy. Just focus on working towards the best that you can be
>>
>>7996426

K, killing myself again since I've alrea
>>
>>7996611
Pynchon didn't write anything worthwhile before 25
>>
File: 1449862297442.gif (1 MB, 212x212) Image search: [Google]
1449862297442.gif
1 MB, 212x212
>>7996442
>>
>>7996658
>Voice of the Hamster
>not worthwhile
>>
>>7996611
Wallace Stevens is my favorite poet and he didn't have anything published until his 40s. I honestly can't name five but I don't know much about many of the authors that I read. I am sure that many more exist.

>>7996658
I think he was barely older than that when V was published though.
>>
>>7996611
Didn't Joyce not publish Dubliners until he was 30?
>>
it's not a race

in fact, it's not about this life. it's your legacy. it's if they still read you in 50 years. an added bonus if they study you and emulate you.

your aim shouldn't be flash in the pan acknowledgement. odds are there are hundreds of beautiful minds whose works will never be noticed. your goal should be an equally unlikely but far more meaningful definition of 'success'
>>
>>7996611
1. hume
2. kant
3. delillo
4. gass
5. gaddis

>>7996630
this even though its hard as fuckkkk
>>
>>7996614
sounds hot.
>>
>>7996611
1. sebald
2. kafka
3. bukowski
4. atticus lish
5. faulkner
6. corncob tortilla

11 somewhat off the top of my head
>>
>>7996676
Only through publishing industry foibles, he'd been writing them since his early twenties. He sought publishers before he was 25 and w/o fact-checking of any sort, I remember the preliminary of the Dead (Christmas Eve) being envisioned at this time but finished later on
>>
>>7996442
tfw born in 1992 and look more feminine
>>
>>7996611

Literature is not a sport.
>>
>>7996614
not sure if you are familiar with french but it says
"Edouard Louis enlightens us as to how homophobia has permeated the daily life of LGBT individuals"

but as an anglophone that phrase looks funny.
>>
>>7996678
>1. Treatise on Human Nature (28 when published)
>2. Thoughts on the True Estimation of Living Forces (25 when published)
>3. The River Jordan (28 when published)
>4. You got one
>5. Two
>6. Three
>7. Contemplation (published when 25).
>8. Aftermath (published when 24).
>9. Ew, no memes please.
>10. Landing in Luck (published when 22).
>11. ?
You got three. Four if I give you Lish, and I don't think you can call him a 'great' author to be categorised alongside Hume and Kant this early in his career. Hardly a ringing endorsement that "many great authors didn't release works until their early 30s or late 40s."
>>
>>7996442
Creepy lizard eyes in person, and his lips are too thin, and his voice is too deep to b a good twink.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItuiRfW1490
>>
>>7996426

French don't like women any more? Now their greatest writers are homo kids?

Guess the wars did you in.
>>
>>7996960
Well yeah, they got SOME stuff published, not anything really good. Is that what you mean?

For that matter, somebody in this thread can say they were "published" at 25 or younger because they managed to write an "article" for the kiddie section of their local newspaper while they were in middle school.
>>
>>7996960
>25
>cant add six plus five
>>
>>7996426
>Eddy grows up gay in a world where narrow norms of masculinity are strictly enforced.

Stopped reading there
>>
>>7996426
>he's a fag
well there you go OP
there might be hope for you after all
>>
top quality bait for the amateur /lit/ writer. saved.
>>
>>7996611
adding Melville to the list people have already said.
>>
>>7996484
I was born in '95 too. If I'm not published in the next 3 years I'm killing myself.
>>
>>7996426
> 40 under 40 has now been usurped by 30 under 30
> I know some people who've been on that list and while very nice and deserving etc etc are all from very wealthy families
I really can't view this kind of shit as anything but rich people nepotism that we all have to join in with.
>>
>>7996450
he's already beaten you. the only thing you can do is beat his sweet little bussy
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.