[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I think after so many years browsing internet forums I have damaged
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: reading-fast.jpg (40 KB, 620x400) Image search: [Google]
reading-fast.jpg
40 KB, 620x400
I think after so many years browsing internet forums I have damaged my reading ability. I read at about the pace a person speaks, and can hear myself reading in my head. Is there a way to undo this and read faster again?
>>
>>7996061
Yes, speak faster.
>>
>>7996061
Do you not enjoy the feeling of the words? Do you not hear their music as you read them out loud in your mind? There should be no other way to read if you wish to do so enjoyably.
>>
>>7996199

Not OP, but no, I don't enjoy the "feeling of the words".

I feel so embarrased when I have to sound out the words, like I'm a child having to sound things out. I feel like it's story time and I still have to have grandpa read to me, doing all the voices and stuff. I just can't help but feel immature when having to do this.
>>
>>7996213
No one is in your head but you. If it really does make you feel 'immature', as was the word you chose, then you're comparing yourself to others in this feat.

But, honestly, if you have no intention to write, well then it's not all that important. Just, everytime you catch yourself performing the habit, pause for a moment and read the line over a few times. Get a feeling for what's being said until you can read it without 'saying' it. Then keep the ball rolling. Eventually, you'll fall into reading steadily.
But if you try too hard to focus on it, you'll soon realize you're always internalizing a voice when you're reading. You are simply ignoring it once you are more engrossed in the literature.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.