[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Seems like I got a, partly, lit-related problem, feel free to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1
File: IMG-20160430-WA0003.jpg (266 KB, 1600x1180) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20160430-WA0003.jpg
266 KB, 1600x1180
Seems like I got a, partly, lit-related problem, feel free to harass and insult me if you consider the post inappropriate.

So, I'm struggling with the idea that what I'm occupying myself with (reading, listening to music, watching movies) has become a, albeit temporary - I've dropped out of college twice due to some difficulties maintaining mental stability but haven't given up the will to grant academia another shot but yet - surrogate for an ambitious, self-actualized pursuit of a socially respected career.
And why I may cling to the proposition of being able to somehow integrate those rather recent private interests into a future job, I seem to outright lack the ability to ever be vocal about what I particularly enjoy about reading, listening to music, watching movies etc.

What I feel I'm unattainably removed from, is acquiring the confidence in giving up on the concept that I've got to be able to hold a one hour debate on, for instance, the significance of the political climate Dostoevsky penned C&P in in order to justify my picking up literary studies as a major. To my own bewilderment I consider being under the impression of standing an expert on a topic that one bases one's studies on both absolutely necessary and foolishly presumptuous at the same time.

In short: When settling for a Major, how do I overcome the feeling of being required to be particularly knowledgeable about this field of interest when in fact I can only account for a vague sense of inexplicable wonder but probably would stand small in any factual discussion with my peers?

Pic, it's a swimming pool in Berlin.
>>
Rewrite that with a fourth of the words and then I'll consider answering your stupid question.

In the meantime, get over yourself.
>>
>>7995675
You're not smart enough to be a literary scholar. Major in business or something.
Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.