[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
its out today any one picking it up
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4
its out today any one picking it up
>>
No, I don't read contemporary American babble and I despise who does.
>>
>>7995677
shut up

mobi when

I can't find it on #bookz
>>
>>7995677
Regardless of whether you're happy about being culturally colonized by the United States, as a subject of her dominion, it is willfully ignorant to avoid learning about your shared culture.
>>
FYI Torontofags

http://www.torontopubliclibrary.ca/detail.jsp?Entt=RDMEVT234964&R=EVT234964

I won't be able to go cuz I'm on vacation in Europe :(
>>
>>7995677
>I despise who does

*I despise those who do

Maybe if you read more American literature you would understand grammar better.
>>
>>7995722
why are americans so defensive
>>
>>7995722
>being culturally colonized by the United States
>implying

>>7995727
I couldn't care less. English is a shit language and its literature is subpar. I'm happy already writing and reading in French, Italian and Portuguese.
>>
>>7995724
can someone upload to mega or gogole drive pls
>>
>>7995752
>I couldn't care less
I'm impressed, most English as a First Language speakers don't use this expression correctly.

There is some good French/Spanish literature (Camus, Dante, etc) but I haven't heard of any Portugese writers desu. Maybe I'm just uncultured.

Don't see how English is a shit language. I'm a fan of Shakespeare; I think his manipulation of the language despite its drawbacks is brilliant. You don't agree?
>>
File: Laughing Patricians.webm (2 MB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Laughing Patricians.webm
2 MB, 640x480
>>7995752
>browsing an American image forum that discusses primarily American literature while speaking American English to an anonymous group of people who are mostly American
>not culturally colonized by the United States
Why can't you just accept it? You're a cultural feudatory.
>>
>>7995767
>French/Spanish literature

Gah I meant French/Italian
>>
>>7995774
Just because Americans are good at PHP coding doesn't mean US culture is not garbage.
>>
>>7995806
most cultures have their own version of 4chan? am I wrong about this?
>>
>>7995806
Again, it doesn't matter if you dislike American culture since you're subservient to it no matter what.
>>
>>7995806
This site was forked from a Japanese imageboard senpai; the American moot didn't program shit.

Still American literature reigns supreme. I am a leaf cuck and I can still admit that American literature > all
>>
>>7995724
>http://www.torontopubliclibrary.ca/detail.jsp?Entt=RDMEVT234964&R=EVT234964

Dang. I might go. I've only read falling man though.
>>
>>7995832
American literature is generally acknowledge to be quite bad. This has been covered to death in prior threads.
>>
>>7995855
>American literature is generally acknowledge to be quite bad.
It's been the most artistically potent national literature since the conclusion of World War II. To claim that American literature is bad is to out yourself as an illiterate.
>>
>>7995879
>It's been the most artistically potent national literature since the conclusion of World War II
Only American jingoists believe that. The rest of the world doesn't see it that way.
>>
>>7995883
>Only American jingoists believe that.
Only resentful vassals try to deny it.
>The rest of the world doesn't see it that way.
The rest of the world takes deep influence from American literature whether or not they risk damage to their perception of their national cultures by acknowledging it. The Western cultural establishment and the best universities on the planet are American, and American literature is the principal representation of this cultural superiority.
>>
>>7995665
I never finished underworld. I might have just gotten meme'd by post-modernism. Is there any reason to pick it up again?
>>
>>7995913
>American literature is the principal representation of this cultural superiority
HAHAHAHAHA... no.
>>
>>7995855
I must have missed those threads.

You should make a new thread about the awfulness of American literature in your spare time. I'd like to read your opinions.
>>
>>7995925
It's worth it. I know it's not really exciting but its sometimes lethargic pace at times is a feature, not a drawback. There's a reason it's so long; it's a solid attempt at a Great American Novel
>>
>>7995925
Get a new trip if you really are butters
>>
how's this?
>>
>>7995728
why are foreigners so offensive
>>
File: such+lust.png (196 KB, 426x406) Image search: [Google]
such+lust.png
196 KB, 426x406
>>7995752
Then why are you speaking English? Like it or not, English is the dominant lingua franca of the world.
>>
This thread reads like a damn DeLillo novel.
>>
File: 1425519594393.jpg (12 KB, 260x225) Image search: [Google]
1425519594393.jpg
12 KB, 260x225
better thread tbqh
>>7990610
>>
When does White Noise start getting good? I like the prose and setting and all it's getting pretty boring.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.